UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

do decisions for sure come out Friday?

I’m so nervous

I swear everyone got the alumni e-mail. I really do not believe it means anything about your chances at all. You will find out on Friday what happens.

can’t wait till Friday!

My son did but his friend did not get the alumni e-mail.

Am anxiously awaiting Friday evening here in MA.

Did anyone audition for TFT here?

Alumni mail? I never got one

Is it a good sign if I got both alumni scholarship invite and supplemental questionnaire request from ucla? 3.9 w gpa 1350 sat undeclared social science major

The only hardship I wrote on my piq was that my dad works 6 days a week from 10 am to 10 pm and I’m a single parent first generation that I had no access to tutoring and transportation when I lived in Missouri from 9-10th grade which dropped my gpa. Upward trend, currently living in Southern California

ChancetoIRSD

Social science is also competitive at UCLA. Is your 3.9 fully weighted or capped? Do you have any APs taken? Are you first generation to go to college? Do you belong to URM? If yes, then you still have a chance cause UCLA weights heavily on these. You have a chance for UCI.

@COmama24 My D auditioned for Musical Theatre. I guess her stats were “good enough” for UCLA as it seems they filtered out the candidates prior to being invited to the audition. We realize it is quite a reach.

I wonder what will happen if we have to take AP exams at home in May (Collegeboard officially announces on Friday). @10s4life do you think UCLA would still accept AP scores from exams taken at home since cheating will likely be rampant?? Obviously we don’t know for sure if AP exams will be at home but I guess we have to wait till Friday to find out.

3.9 is my uc weighted gpa. Ap courses I took through 11-12 were apush, ap english lang, ap english lit, ap macro econ, ap calc ab, ap statistics, and ap government and politics

my race is Asian

ChancetoIRSD

Let us hope for UC Irvine. Wish you luck.

@MommaCat Thanks for the response! Yes-my daughter was happy just to get the email to audition. LOL We are OOS and went to LA for that. She said it went as well as it could have so if she didn’t get in she wouldn’t have regrets. The numbers of how many are accepted is so crazy. 65 freshman this year…wow…good luck to you! :slight_smile:

@Perfecto00 @ChancetoIRSD L&S does not take major into account for freshman admissions. So everyone is admitted technically in pre majors so it’s one giant pool. Choosing “English” won’t be any easier than Econ or bio for admissions purposes. It’s just to help you choose classes at orientation. UC schools also don’t take race into account. They can’t see it on your app. They do see if you’re from a lower socioeconomic status though.

@absfromca If they do online AP exams it will likely be on what’s called a lockdown browser. It cuts off any internet connection or local file access until the test is over. It also uses a webcam and requires you to scan and show surroundings. Ucla would most likely accept them. You’ll find AP credit doesn’t do much at ucla though.

@10s4life thanks for the reply. That’s very helpful! It’s kind of a catch 22 because they want everyone to take AP exams (I mean, that’s how you are even close to a competitive applicant…) yet they won’t give much credit. I’m a competitive homeschooler who takes online classes and it frustrates me that my parents spend gobs of money on taking AP classes and exams that schools might not give me much credit for… Anyways, those are just some of my thoughts…