UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

UCSB’s admission decisions are out now (as of yesterday). Do you think there are many cases where a student gets into UCLA but not there? I’m hearing of that happening more and more.

I’m sure there are. Every admissions office has different criteria and it is almost impossible to predict, especially with a school as selective as UCLA.

I would think that UCLA is in general, more selective that Santa Barbara, but certainly there are many students in opposite situation.

Both schools are VERY GOOD, imho

The only piq that I believe was so well written was my challenge one stating that I was homeless and continued to be so while still attending 0 period and settled into a one bedroom apartment with my mother and I sharing a room. I’m also first generation Hispanic, and I just feel my chances are so low. :// but best of luck to all of us!

@Tooturntmia Can’t be lower than applying to Engineering without subject tests…so getting rejected lol

Edit: School doesn’t offer fee waviers on subject tests and there’s no way I was able to pay $$$ on those. I mentioned that on my application but I still feel like my application was thrown away before it even got reviewed.

^ @Tooturntmia I agree with you on how the challenge Piq was the best one for me as well. I talked about my adversities with Autism and ADHD and how I underwent severe prejudice that made me suicidal in the 7th grade. But then I learned to fuel my flame, I became a advocate for those on the spectrum and a suicide advocate by creating a suicide awareness club, blah blah blah, still getting rejected ?

Anyone knows when UCLA will release 2024 rd decisions?

I’m so nervous for UCLA. I got into UCSD and UCD but I got waitlisted at UCSB. Does that waitlist highly correlate to a rejection at UCLA?

@clementineheart It’nearly impossible to tell which college will accept you based off of the ones you’ve already been accepted to. People get denied from places like UCD or UCSC and accepted to UCB or UCLA pretty frequently. Every college has different admission criteria.

You are right to say that the admissions process is highly unpredictable. However, UCLA and UCB are highly selective schools and if one can’t get into a lesser selective school like a UCSC, one’s chance of getting into UCLA and UCB is somewhat diminished. Nothing is impossible but it’s less probable. Good luck to all!

sorry if someone already asked… any idea what time decisions release?

5pm pacific @1000pkv

I heard somewhere that if you don’t get an email to check decisions, it’s a rejection. Is that true or is that just a random conspiracy theory?

Bookmark this link for the decision thread tomorrow: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2175954-ucla-class-of-2024-decision-thread-stats-only.html#latest

Will UCLA review you for your second-choice major if they deny you for your first or do they only review you for your first choice major?

@johnis722 For the College of Letters & Sciences, they may review your second choice, but not for specialty schools that require supplemental applications like nursing, film, etc. See this link: http://www.admission.ucla.edu/FAQ/FR_During.htm

Didn’t get an email from SB, got in. For what it’s worth.

Ok @absfromca because I applied as an engineering major as my first choice but I didn’t submit any subject tests. I put math as my second choice, hoping they will review me for that

Every year the site crashes due to releasing it all at once. Does anyone know when is a good time to check as the site will most likely be down by the release time?

I’m so scared!

@CarBarlos I have a similar situation here. I’m really scared because for me I really developed my work ethic during my junior year. Seeing how I’ve only been accepted into Santa Cruz and waitlisted at San Diego and Santa Barbara, I feel like UCLA will be a rejection.