UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

Congrats @notarobot12 - My twin boys accepted UCLA and will be attending this fall - They were also accepted at Michigan, Both are great schools ( I myself is an alum of Michigan) , choose what will fit you most, where you think you will be happier, may be talk to your seniors from your school who are in UCLA and Michigan and decide which environment suits you most.

I just got into UCLA this morning! I’m super excited about going and have already SIR’ed :slight_smile: I’m IS majoring in biology in L&S.

Stats:
SAT: 1560/1600
GPA: UW: 4.00 / W: 4.67
Took 9 AP’s throughout all 4 years of high school
Got a 720 on Math 2 Subject test
Got a 760 on M Biology Subject Test
Didn’t write any additionally comment on my UCLA portal!

Just wanted to say not to lose hope! For a very very long time, I was so sad that I wasn’t admitted first hand to my dream college. But dreams do come true, and I really truly hope they do for you too!

Housing is not guaranteed. Click through on the admission letter to a notification that disses no lower tuition and no housing guarantee.

In red letters at bottom of letter click on “Latest Information Regarding Fall Classes, Tuitionn, and Housing”

1. Anyone admitted off WL yesterday able to login and see fall housing application. We get a message saying "not available" or something like that. Any ideas (we have not SIRd yet if that matters)
  2. @10s4life I know housing not guaranteed this year, but if my kid requests a double will that reduce his chances of getting housing at all? In other words, any downside to request a double (he'll take a triple of that's all they end up offering, but prefers a double).

Thanks in advance.

@sdmom22 Congrats! He can put a double but he won’t get it. 100% of freshman will get a triple because all doubles were taken by current students.

UCLA hasn’t made a statement yet other than housing isn’t guaranteed but UCSD sent the following:

For the people that got off the waitlist yesterday (Saturday morning), were you able to apply for housing/access the page for housing yet? I tried going to the page but all it says is “Either your session has timed out or you are not currently logged in.”

I’m committed to UCLA for class of 2024 but it’s really been hard trying to find people like myself. I’m into fashion (dolls kill, brandy, converse), thrifting, skating, art, bands (still woozy, led zeppelin, growlers, sex pistols, frights, and so much more) , electric guitar, late night drives, going to places in California, 35mm. If anyone has similar interests or think we might click please respond to this and I’ll send you my insta :slight_smile: it seems like berk got all the cool kids like wth

My daughter got off the UCLA waitlist on Saturday and has a deadline of next Thursday to submit a SIR. What is the best, quickest way to get an answer from the admissions office as to whether or not two C grades during her senior year will get her admission rescinded? She got one C during the fall semester. With just 2 weeks left of the spring semester, she has a C in another class. We would like to get an answer from UCLA before Thursday when we would submit a SIR to UCLA and cancel our SIR at another UC campus. Saw a Report Changes page on the portal but it specifically says do not report expected grades, only received grades.

Don’t worry, there is no C grade in spring semester (for in-state at least), she can only get Credit (C) or Non-Credit (NC). And it will not affect her admission.

@siclocusest At my daughter’s school (in state), they will still be listing letters grades for this semester on their transcripts.

According to UC web page “UC has temporarily suspended the letter grade requirement for A-G courses completed in spring 2020 for all students, including UC’s most recently admitted freshmen. A-G courses completed in spring 2020 with Pass (P) or Credit (CR) grades will satisfy appropriate A-G requirements.”
It doesn’t tell us what will happen if school still assign letter grades, but I don’t think that it will be the factor. However, just in case, try to send email or call to admission officer.

@siclocusest thanks for the info. Based on previous discussions on CC, it appears applicants generally are not rescinded for 2 Cs. But any more than 2 Cs probably will get one rescinded. Since two or more Cs is mentioned in the admission contract, I want to verify with UCLA that there is no issue before SIRing and finding out later that there is an issue. Would you happen to know the best way to contact an admission officer? I filled out the Contact Us page on the portal but it says to expect a response in 7-10 business days.

I don’t know how to contact an admission officer, but we have here UCLA students that may know, 10s4life for example. Can you send him PM and ask this question?

Nope it hasn’t worked for me either. Hopefully the portal opens within the next day or so @hotdogwaitlist

You need above a 3.0 unweighted and no D’s and F’s that’s the requirement. @DavidKinSac

@doubledog You also have to maintain performance consistent with prior years in high school. That’s the backdoor for ucla to rescind people with 3 Cs who still got a 3.0 UW. Generally 2 Cs are ok. And especially given the current circumstances I don’t see that being an issue. Still report anyways though to be safe.

You sound so cool! I’m trying to make some more UCLA friends too; I know two close friends who got into UCLA for political sci and philosophy, but that’s really it. I got an ig and twitter

Try their admissions number (310) 825-3101. They are working from home but are available from 1 to 4 PM PST everyday. I’ve talked to them a couple of times about my daughter’s acceptance (she got off the waitlist) and they are generally very helpful. They can point you in the right direction.