UCLA Class of 2024 Discussion

@Gaucho100 Thanks! I will try the phone number.

Can I SIR to UCLA without officially withdrawing from the school I committed to on May 1st? I will withdraw tomorrow when their enrollment office is open so that I can call them.

@DaniM7 Yes but you can also withdraw on your portal usually too

@aztecashes I like fashion (brandy, converse, thrifting) and art too! Send me your insta (I don’t use my insta much tho…im much more active on fb) so I can follow and we can be friends! :slight_smile:

@periwinklehat I’d like to make friends with you too! :slight_smile:

^^^^ also looking for roomies too

hello, so I got off the waitlist yesterday and I was wondering if we will still get the UCLA acceptance package in the main? I am really excited to be attending (hopefully) in the fall!

Hey guys who got in from the waitlist last Saturday morning – the housing application is up. :slight_smile:

Yes!! I have an instagram and twitter so you can just message me whichever so i can follow :smiley:

Hi! was just wondering if anyone knows if a regular admit person being able to still edit their housing application mean that I (got off from waitlist) can still be roommates with them by requesting each other? bc I know their housing app was supposedly due May 1 so if they edit and request me does that put them in any harm?

Hi 10s4life! I had a few questions about the provisional ucla contract, because I’m scared I’ll get rescinded. In senior year first semester, I obtained 2 A’s 3B’s and 1 C (That C was in AP Physics.) Normally this isn’t too bad but I’m expecting that I’ll get 2C’s this semester which will put me to a total of 3 C’s this year. Do you think this will make UCLA rescind me?

@rainbobagelz My daughter got her roommate’s request done after May 1st. I believe the roommate’s request can be changed until late July. My son got together with his roommates in late June a few years ago as well. So, as long as your friend did not find roommates yet, you guys can decide to room together still. Also on the admitted Facebook page, there are many who are still looking for roommates.

@Jason123456 Report any changes to ucla. But 3 Cs is definitely grounds to be rescinded. 2 Cs are usually ok.

Do people that got off the waitlist after May 1st still get housing guaranteed? I remember on the waitlist FAQ it said that if someone is taken off the waitlist before May 15th then housing is still guaranteed.

@Jason123456

don’t worry, this semester doesn’t count from official doc.

//In response, the regents approved a series of critical, short-term measures:

Suspending the letter grade requirement for A-G courses completed in winter/spring/summer 2020 for all students, including UC’s most recently admitted freshmen.//

https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/uc-temporarily-adjusts-admissions-requirements-in-wake-of-covid-19

I’m looking for roomies for a classic triple so message me on college confidential and I’ll send you my insta if you still need roommates. (I’m a girl.)

I just got off the waitlist a day back, where is the housing form? Intl student

@hotdogwaitlist Join the 2024 FB group. You’d have better luck finding roommates there.

how hard would it be to change from a chemistry major to a biz econ

Hi for those got off waitlist like my son, upon paying to SIR this morning, for a while after we’re able to complete housing application.