UCLA Class of 2024 Waitlist Discussion

@Sisternight Either way enrollment management is planned for years in advance. Until they hire more faculty class sizes will remain consistent regardless of platform.

Please let me know if any one heard back for Comp sc instate waitlist

@10s4life do you possibly know when’s the last day for waitlisted students to find out what the decision is?

@akawho19 my AO emailed me saying they are still reviewing all the waitlist ,and they don’t have specific timeline .when they are no longer admitting students from waitlist they will receive final notification on their admission portal

Man, I’m just so drained out from waiting. UCLA is my dream school and I understand that they have a tough job right now but this is getting too painful ?

@akawho19 I don’t know when the waitlist will end. These are difficult times and it’s hard to predict when the waitlist will end. For now I would focus on your current school since at this point I wouldn’t count on it tbh

do u guys think the housing issue will make a difference to our decisions, will ppl change their mind abt attending? a lot of ppl aren’t guaranteed housing + they made it more expensive this year.

Stanford had a waitlist wave last night and students have until July 7th to respond. So, at least some movement

The transcript deadline of UC schools is on the first of July. I think that may be our best hope for acceptance.

How does transcript deadline matter? Are you saying that if students miss that deadline, their admission will be jeopardized?!!! Oh no! That would be very mean!

@calcutta2002 Not exactly, some students may have accepted more than one offer and might still be holding on to the UCLA offer despite them planning to go to another school. So by that deadline they have to choose one of them and if they dont choose UCLA then that opens up a spot for us hopefully.

they don’t jeopardize you if u turn in ur transcript late. they just need ur transcripts so you can start registering for classes but u won’t know abt classes until after orientation anyway which is in july

@LaraZZZ @calcuttaboy2002 Failure to provide required transcripts by the July deadline was the reason UC Irvine rescinded admission to 290 incoming students back in 2017. Big news story! As the LA Times reported there was speculation (not sure if the numbers supported it) the policy was strictly enforced to deal with over-enrollment. Seems like the negative press the UCs got for this action changed the policy and/or process. https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-uc-irvine-rescissions-20170728-story.html

Recently got off the WL at another school. UCLA was a place that I had a deposit down for, and since I just told them I’m not going hopefully that opens up a spot of someone here. Good luck!!

@derakii33 - You posted this on three school threads: UCLA, UCB and UW, which leads me to believe you deposited to all three schools.

Must I also mention that if a school finds out you are enrolled at other schools, they will rescind your admission? Really sus @derakii3, especially with the fact that you’re saying you deposited at the 3 schools, which is expensive and horrible since you are taking up a space for 3 potential students.

I believe this dude posted that he also deposited at WUSTL.

Someone got off the waitlist for UCLA yesterday or at least a couple of days ago
I saw it on the UCLA Class of 2024 insta page where you have to show your proof of acceptance in order to be featured on their page

@strawtree They could’ve gotten off months ago and just submitted to the page. Happens all the time.

If I have an update to send, who/where do I send it? I realize they’re prob not taking any more people but no harm in trying. Just want to update about final grades and updated activities. Also, is it worth mentioning that my mom is on faculty? Or would they not care. Thanks!