UCLA Class of 2024 Waitlist Discussion

Congrats! All OOS and International students, may you achieve what you hoped for. Good luck to remaining folks. Fingers crossed for IS results.

Hey guys I got in today off the waitlist. Im out of state and undeclared colleges of letters and sciences. The email came to me around 7:30 a.m. PST.

Does UCLA typically releases OOS first, or more OOS students typically come of the list?
Thank you

From what I see in previous posts, are internationals only being taken off the list in this first round? It seems like the other rounds are for OOS and IS. Is there still a chance for internationals right now?

ahh i think everyone that got in this wave were for college of letter&science… SO HOPEFULLY the samueli school of engineering wave is yet to be released!!

More out of state will come out but this was the big wave! UCLA always accepts oos students in the first round. International students were sporadically accepted throughout may but this was the big wave for INT students. Hope that you got the answers to your question!

Lets hope so

@Xiao23 my email came at 7:37 AM PST but I was sleeping haha

just want to say congrats to everybody that is getting accepted :)). Did you guys write anything in the waitlist box that was provided for the UCLA waitlist?

I just hope that there is a Samueli round

Yes! I wrote a decently sized essay about why UCLA was my dream school and what I would contribute to the community if I was offered admission. I also wrote about my senior year and entered my senior year 1st semester grades.

@2020to2024 Thank you!! and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

@Shdjdgd Thank you! It absolutely answered the question!! I suppose there is still hope left!

In my WL opt-in, I listed my first and second trimester grades as well as my third trimester courses. I also wrote an essay where I provided updates of what I’ve been up to since November, and at the end of it I told them how I would contribute to UCLA’s community (listed specific student groups and activities I wanted to join, etc). In total I think I took up about 2/3 of the max. character count.

If any of you guys get in for samueli school of engineering PLEASE LET ME KNOWWWW

@Xiao23 Thanks!! Best of luck to you :slight_smile: you got this!

Is it possible that another wave happens today or does it happen only once per day?

do engineering people normally get in after the first wave? or is this just speculation?

I guess you could find out by going to last years waitlist thread and searching for the engineering acceptances? How many there were, what wave they came in, etc.

How do you check which major you applied for?

Have any in states got in?