UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

thats true as well but this year i just saw an obscene amount of ucla waitlists compared to berkeley. regardless, i’m praying i get off one of the waitlists.

1 Like

Where did you see this? Have the numbers been released?

1 Like

you can look up waitlists from previous years and they have numbers and stats posted

2 Likes

agh same. rn im committed to Berkeley but UCLA has been my dream school :confused:

1 Like

oh im waitlisted at both schools. just praying i get off one of them. currently I am headed to USC, but I want UCLA or Berkeley to clutch up!!

1 Like

im guessing no one has heard yet

1 Like

S21 is in the same boat: SIR’d to USC and waiting on UCLA and Cal.

However, I’m not sure he will pick either UC if taken off the WL at this point. USC is showing a lot of love and TBH, I think he is a better fit and will be happier at USC.

1 Like

This is such a painful process. I wish they would just throw us a bone by showing us some movement, anything! Do they ever say the numbers they may be looking at for openings on May 1st?

2 Likes

what “SIR” stands for?

1 Like

Statement of Intent to Register

2 Likes

We can expect to see some movement by May 1st, which is in two days. The wait is agonizing but we’re getting close!

2 Likes

for me i love usc quite a bit, but the price tag is just too much. would love to get off one of the two waitlists.

1 Like

ignore this post - posted in the wrong thread

What are we thinking the chances are they do something today? At least tomorrow is May 1st folks.

1 Like

At this point I feel like there is not much hope. Speculation aside has anyone actually reached out to admissions and gained any real knowledge about yield or the probability of getting off the waitlist? I spoke to my regional representative and she basically avoided all questions. I am oos and into UCSD, probably going to commit somewhere private though, UCLA was always the dream :frowning:

1 Like

I think yield rates should be less this year because a lot of kids have shotgunned and applied to many top schools. But at the same time, UCLA and other schools waitlisted many more students than they usually would. In conclusion, admittance rates off of the waitlists this year should be as normal.

2 Likes

I like your screen name

1 Like

Thanks. It took me a while to come up with it

1 Like

rates are gonna be the same or if not better

Which rates are you talking about? Yield rates?

1 Like