UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

waitlist rates. yield is ass this year lmao, but they waitlisted more people at ucla def. therefore, it will probably stay the same percentage % but more seats

Yeah I agree

3 Likes

Letā€™s hope for action this weekend

3 Likes

some came out today last year but idk if that will happen

1 Like

Itā€™s such a weird year, that I donā€™t think anything from the last two years applies to 2021. Who really knows what the yield of waitlist acceptances really is? My D is fully engaged into the social networks of the school that we sent her deposit to and Iā€™m kind of thinking UCLA is now just about a thing of the past. Maybe not, if she gets that acceptance letter. Good Luck to all!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the healthy way to treat a waitlist from any school. Goodluck to your D

2 Likes

From the UCLA 2023 Thread it looks like a wave came out around 10:30 CST on April 30th. Hereā€™s hoping everyone!

4 Likes

Is everyone contacting their regional representative?

1 Like

I donā€™t even know what that is

1 Like

someone should take one for the team and call them lmao

3 Likes

@grace429 I tried calling. Their extended admissions hours are Monday - Wed 1pm -4pm PST, and Thursday - Friday, 1pm - 5pm. Iā€™ll try again at 1 pm.

1 Like

can we expect waitlist decisions tomorrow? it seems like the first big wave of IS students have come out on may 1st in recent yearsā€¦

2 Likes

is it possible for decisions to come out on weekends? i thought they were just monday-friday but iā€™m not sure

1 Like

Does this also apply for major in CS?

1 Like

sounds good!

1 Like

that is a good question. I didnā€™t think they come out on weekends either

1 Like

Dammit UCLA throw us a bone

1 Like

Right ??

1 Like

There have been some admission releases for the wait-list on Saturdays the last two years. But who knows this year, since they should have already released some OOS and international wait-list decisions by now.

1 Like

I emailed with our rep and he said:

Thank you for your email. It is not common for us to release waitlist offers prior to May 1 and I have no indication from our director that we will be doing so this year. The last update I heard was that our enrollment of new students is on track, meaning that waitlist offers could be limited this year, if we are even able to move to the waitlist at all. Itā€™s really impossible to predict at this point what things will look like today and tomorrow, especially in light of the pandemic. We utilized the waitlist heavily last year as the pandemic caused students and families to reconsider their college plans, but as I mentioned, this year itā€™s looking like we may not need to use the waitlist as heavily if at all. At this time, I recommend your daughter move forward with her next choice institution as we cannot guarantee any movement from the waitlist at this time.

9 Likes