UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

UCLA offers few if any deferrals for last year so GAP year students would have had to reapply for this year. The increase in UC applications can be contributed to some of the GAP year applicants, but also going test blind made the UC’s more desirable for a lot of applicants. None of these students would have taken the place of the waitlisted students.

1 Like

@Gumbymom do you have any predictions regardign the waitlist for ucla (and uc berkeley!) considering neither have posted anything yet

1 Like

has anyone heard anything back yet from UCLA admissions??

1 Like

Originally I predicted the numbers would be somewhere between the 2019 waitlist admits and the 2020 waitlist admits for both schools but everything is so unpredictable. I am not surprised that neither school has started taking students off the waitlist since although the campuses are planning to be fully open to in-person classes, housing may be an issue for in-coming Freshman due to Covid, waiting for FDA vaccine approval and making mandatory vaccinations the norm for students wanting to dorm. The schools seem to be leaning on the cautious side until the get the go ahead from the State and do not want to be overenrolled.

1 Like

Berkeley waitlists way less ppl than ucla so the chances are a lot higher, I believe it was around 50%ish get off their waitlist, in comparison to UCLA which is 10-20%ish

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

someone ik is calling admissions I will lyk what they say (even tho they probs won’t say much)

5 Likes

i called them (they were suprisingly useless). i asked them about whether we would find out within the first two weeks of may and they said the ucla waitlist runs all throughout summer (as one person cancels admission, seats pop up) so it would be extremely unlikely for me to hear back within the first two weeks :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I called ucla and they said I should hear back by july like bruh what.

1 Like

Fr they did not help at all

1 Like

July? Seriously?

1 Like

What the…lol. Geez. July? Are they now going to only work 1 hour a day from now on, since you know a 1/2 day of work is way too strenuous.

Thank you for calling.

I don’t see how that benefits them either. People are usually too far down the road at that point to switch. How hard can it be for the computer to tell them how many commitments there were for each college and calculate openings so they can know how many waitlisted folks they can offer?

2 Likes

were you told anything of july!!! i cannot believe what i’m hearing…

so they said that we wouldn’t hear back for another two weeks? or did they say it’s a possibility?

did your friend call yet? everyone’s hearing different things so it would be nice to hear other answers…

1 Like

bruh they were just like the ucla waitlist runs all summer based on our need so i think it would be highly unlikely for you to be notified within the first two weeks of may

1 Like

I am taking this talk of July to mean that they are really coming out tonight ; )

3 Likes

Is yield rate so high this year they can only release decisions by July

1 Like

def possible…

1 Like