UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

ripp :frowning:

I got that feeling.

1 Like

Damn, thx for the heads up. They should just come out and tell us or at least give us an unlikely letter.

2 Likes

My guess is that they will probably send unlikely letters after the first (or maybe second) wave; after that an admission would be pretty unexpected

2 Likes

uc’s send out unlikely letters?

3 Likes

I smell cap

4 Likes

what UC do u work at? I though they were all independent of one another

5 Likes

if this is 100% true i feel like there would be more confirmation or evidence pointing to this. just trying to stay positive tho

4 Likes

this parent said the same thing in the Berkeley waitlist and people r sending like memes in response lol

4 Likes

this parent works at ucsb but somehow knows about waitlist activity at ucla, ucb, and all the ucs. ucsd and ucsb have already had engineering waves so that fact means that some colleges did not hit their target

2 Likes

People who work at the different campuses talk to each other for various reasons, and then word gets around about things. My sister works high up in HR at one of the campuses and she knows about things happening at all the campuses (although not about admissions since it is way out of her scope.)

I agree but I would assume that admissions people would tend to keep critical information amongst themselves. although this parent has not described their source so I have no idea

8 Likes

i would be careful, you might get doxxed now with all of your previous posts and comments being exposed. you just hit a hard spot for many emotional high school seniors LOL.

4 Likes

i am not sure that the fact that they had high yields is particularly sensitive information.

1 Like

Schools base the amount of ppl they let off the waitlist almost entirely off of yield

1 Like

Of course. I meant “sensitive”. I will edit.

1 Like

just wanted to be the 777th comment for good luck

5 Likes

What about the engineering wave at UCLA? Any info on that buddy… ?!

1 Like

Any updates?

1 Like

The term for Samueli is typically HSSEAS.

2 Likes