UCLA Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion

did u check the portal or get an email

1 Like

Email.

1 Like

He submitted his waitlist thing the day decisions came out and he only put his first semester grades on there, no essay or anything.

1 Like

Congrats! Engineering waitlist won’t be in waves it’s a very methodical case by case basis. Consider your brother one of the lucky ones.

2 Likes

do you know anything about the in state biology waitlist

1 Like

Biology is in L&S where UCLA does not admit by major. You will be competing with the rest of L&S waitlist applicants. Hard to tell how many will get off without access to the SIR data. Its just going to be a waiting game.

2 Likes

I just wanted to ask if you know anything about the nursing waitlist? I know the rankings are coming out this Friday probably, but do u think there’s a chance of at least a couple ppl getting in this year? I know it’s gunna be difficult though cause of how hard it is to get off of nursing.

1 Like

Its honestly very tough to know at this point. Did he get into Cal for EECS or CS in L&S?

2 Likes

He got into Berkeley in L&S.

1 Like

I got off the UCLA waitlist as well

1 Like

Congrats! Engineering or L&S?

1 Like

Engineering

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, when were you notified? I’m assuming it was an email?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they come in waves for all other majors except for engineering. School of engineering is the only case where they come out randomly in a sense.

1 Like

Are you in state?

1 Like

do you think l&s will be hard for in state this year

2 Likes

UCLA yield rate is very good for a large public university. It will always be hard. Again everything is speculation and I can’t really offer any accurate advice without seeing the SIR trend. That is really how they gauge the waitlist admissions.

1 Like

@10s4life i was wondering if you had any insight into how difficult it would be to get off the Berkeley waitlist this year? Idk why but it seems like a lot of ppl got waitlisted lol

1 Like

they will still look at intended major for waitlist

1 Like

Is there any way to check what major you applied for? I was deciding between two pretty similar ones in L&S but now I can’t remember what I chose lol

1 Like