UCLA Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

Being accepted off the waitlist is probably unlikely. You can opt in, but after that, try to focus on getting excited about another school where you are accepted! That’s what I am telling my son, too. :hugs:

4 Likes

D waitlisted at UCLA and opted into the waitlist immediately. 3Q grades have now finalized and they are excellent. Is there any way to update the waitlist statement with updated grades, send in a transcript (which I think is not an option)?

I don’t know much about the UCLA waitlist statement. My son is on the UCB waitlist, but didn’t opt in at UCLA (not one of his top choices).

Maybe someone who has opted in to the UCLA waitlist can check the form and answer?

I believe you can go in and edit/update the grades before the April 15th deadline. Uploading the transcript may not be an option.

@ccid127 I had a kid on the 2021 UCLA WL and another right now. Gumbymom is correct, it can be edited multiple times up to the 4/15 deadline. In 2021, we probably edited about 3x and each time it sends you an email that it was updated.

Did your older student get in off the waitlist?

1 Like

Is the appeal form available now?

Yes, was one of the lucky in-state admits, got in for L&S/Data Theory

Has anyone been able to find the appeal link on the site?

1 Like

You have tried the Submit appeal link from the website? https://admission.ucla.edu/apply/freshman/freshman-applicant-appeals

Just curious, is there any specific reason (ex. Covid) that waitlist acceptance rates dropped so significantly for both Berkeley and UCLA in 2021 and 2022? Or is it just completely random each year?

They can only take as many students from the waitlist as they have spaces. If yield is high, they won’t be able to take many from the waitlist; if yield is lower than they expected, they would be able to take more in order to fill the rest of the class from the waitlist.

1 Like

Yield has been high the last few years and 2020 is an outlier because of covid.

2 Likes

Have a quick question about appeals.
We already read and re-read all the info in the ucla about this. Still, I wonder if appeals are accepted after the waitlist is closed (once we know if student call from waiting list or not)
For this, we will need to know the date the waitlist is close. Does ucla publish the closing date for the waitlists on their website.

TIA

The closing of the waitlist varies from year to year. They will post a portal update when they close the waitlist.
2022 Waitlist timeline:
Trickles of admits starting April 30. Waitlist closed on August 19.

For 2021, the waitlist closed on July 30.

Here is the appeals submission period: Appeals can be submitted online from April 1 through April 15 (5:00 p.m.).

If you are denied from the waitlist, you can file an appeal and at that time there should be a separate deadline.

This is the info I was looking for. Many thanks, Gumbymom.

1 Like

Does appealing on one campus negatively impact if you are on the waitlist for another UC campus?

No, the UC’s are independent of each other so they would not know if you filed an appeal at campus.

Would the majority of the acceptances from waitlist be cleared soon after the May 1 date or by June?

Last year they did not close the waitlist until August. Once they get the enrollment numbers from May 1 and if there are open spots, then they can start admitting off the waitlist. The waitlist offers usually have a 5-7 day deadline to accept or decline so it could take 2 weeks between each set of admit offers to fill the spots since not all waitlist admits will accept each time.

Sometimes it can be a long drawn out process.

3 Likes