UCLA Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

If admitted off the waitlist, the student portal will be updated and an email will be sent. Usually you have 5-7 days to accept or decline if admitted after the May 1 SIR date. Once the enrollment deposit is submitted, it may take 24-48 hours before you have access to the housing application so once available you can then fill it out and submit.

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you so much.

You will be guaranteed one. Once they admit you off the waitlist, even if it is summer, they will give you a housing offer.

2 Likes

Thank you so much.

Was that your child’s first choice or second choice major?

Was just pondering-there are 53 users on this thread. Presumably all are waitlisted. It’s possible given single digit acceptance rates, that the one person who’s been admitted off waitlist could be the only one in this group we will see! I hope not, but just saying…

Good luck all!

2 Likes

True

1 Like

biological science, 2nd major- hmm i think something related to science as well

the day that the acceptances came out. was it March 17?

in state
Biological Science major- pre med track
4.6 GPA
12 AP’s
AA degree Dual enrollment
accepted:
UCSB
UCR
UCSC
UCI
UCDavis- Regents scholar
UCSD- Regent Scholar
UC Berkeley

1 Like

UCLA does not consider alternate majors although the UC application allows you to list one.

2 Likes

got berkeley and still waiting for ucla lol

Did anyone appeal to UCLA?

I think someone said you can’t appeal to UCLA when you are on the waitlist. You can only appeal denials/rejections.

1 Like

Yeah, I got rejected but appealed to UCLA for this upcoming fall

How many days do they give you to accept the offer? Did you decide Cal or UCLA?

HI,

Currently UCLA Application status portal is not available. Looks like something going on possibly available today evening.

May 1st is the deadline. My daughter is still deciding between Cal and UCLA

i was just about to ask this

portal for accepting to commit? Student bruin portal?

1 Like