UCLA Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

UCLA transfers are waiting for decisions which may explain why the UCLA portal is down.

2 Likes

Itā€™s possible they are releasing transfer decisions. Has that happened yet?

1 Like

My thought too! :grin:
Edited to add: good luck, transfer applicants! My son will be excited to see you on campus when you join his class of 2025. Join the marching band! They are always excited to get new members. :blue_heart::yellow_heart::bear:

will you hear back from UCLA wl?

I GOT IN!! In-state applicant applying in L&S. Email sent at 7:39 AM PST. I canā€™t believe it. Iā€™m so happy right now!! Good luck to everybody else with the waitlist process.

11 Likes

Congrats! if you dont mind, can you share stats and major pls?

4.63 UC GPA, majoring in Ling & CS (BA). I honestly didnā€™t have many impressive extracurriculars related to my major when I applied, but I did start a club where we discuss the evolution of linguistics amongst modern subcultures post-apps for my own enjoyment. Weā€™re supposed to get something published soon (very exciting!) and I mentioned that in my LOCI which I think must have helped immensely.

4 Likes

Did you receive the email yesterday or today? I heard they sent email every Thursday morning

I received it today! I think that today might be the first day they started rolling out decisions, so maybe another wave will come next Thursday.

1 Like

Omg, congratulations!! If you donā€™t mind me asking, how long was your LOCI?

Relatively short TBH. It was around 275 words, 4 paragraphs. Paragraph 1 was me thanking them for the opportunity to be on the waitlist and a statement of intent, paragraphs 2 and 3 were updates on my extracurriculars, and paragraph 4 was a short description of what Iā€™d hope to contribute to UCLA if I was admitted. I really think my concision was what got me off so early. I watched a lot of videos from people who got off the waitlist early and all of them said their letters werenā€™t too long.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

Does the student have to write the letter of interest for the waitlist or just say they want to be on the waitlist?

UCLA has a waitlist statement as part of the waitlist opt in. Here you can do as the above poster by updating UCLA with new accomplishments, grades and what you hope to contribute to UCLA as a student or do nothing but opt in. The opt in deadline was April 15 with statement.

Ok thank you

1 Like

CongratsšŸŽ‰.
Do you mind sharing where else you got accepted? Did you already commit?

I only applied to UCā€™s and CSUā€™s. I got into UCSC, UC Davis, UCSD, SLO, SDSU, and CSULB and I was waitlisted from UCI, UCSB and UCLA. Only school I was rejected from was Berkeley which was fine with me because I live ~40 minutes from there and wanted to move to SoCal for school anyway. I have committed to UCLA as of now and I withdrew my spot at UCSD, where I originally committed.

6 Likes

Does anyone know the ratio of the admitted engineering students from the waitlist?

i see a note in the waitlist portal. keeping fingers crossed :slight_smile:
"
**** Note: Not all decisions have been made for students on the waitlist. ****

Decisions will be made on a rolling basis and will be posted here on this site. Please continue to check back. An email will also be sent to notify you once a decision has been made."

2 Likes

by rolling basis does it mean like whoever accepted the waitlist first or earlier gets their decision earlier, or that didnā€™t matter?

1 Like