UCR+ regents or UCD or UCI

<p>I visited all three campuses and loved all 3. I also talked to some people who were in the engineering department and felt that all 3 schools had a good engineering program. I want to do biomedical engineering, so i was wondering which school is in fact the best one to go to?</p>

<p>UCD if money is not an issue, UCR if it is. Both are fine schools. You will have to decide if the extra 8k a year is worth it to go to a more prestigious school (UCD).</p>

<p>i heard that many of the biomed companies are in socal, so would irvine be a better school in that case, or would i still have no problem finding a job if i graduate from davis?</p>

<p>davis is known for biological sciences</p>

<p>"i heard that many of the biomed companies are in socal, so would irvine be a better school in that case, or would i still have no problem finding a job if i graduate from davis?"</p>

<p>I'm not sure which rankings you're looking, but if you look at this link:</p>

<p>Silicon</a> Valley Biomedical Cluster</p>

<p>the bay area ranks higher than any city in southern California in terms of employment in:</p>

<ol>
<li>Pharmaceutical manufacturing</li>
<li>Instruments manufacturing</li>
<li>Medical Devices manufacturing</li>
<li>Research</li>
</ol>

<p>As a scientist in the biotechnology sector in the bay area, I've gone to
several national and international conferences in the field of genomics and the like. In these conferences, the Silicon Valley (bay area) generally represents the most while the Boston area comes in second. The Los Angeles area is almost nonexistent with some relatively small representation from the San Diego area.</p>

<p>In my midsized biotech company, if I were to rank the number of employees from each school, UC Davis would rank first followed by UC Berkeley. Stanford would be a distant third. My assumption is because there is just a larger number of bay area people who went to UC Davis in the sciences more than any other school. UC Berkeley grads are more spread out in California while Stanford grads tend to live all over the nation instead of the bay area.
However, the middle and senior management positions have a higher percentage of UC Berkeley, Stanford, and Ivy grads than UCD grads. </p>

<p>I suppose the opposite would be true for the San Diego biotech companies. There would be a fairly large representation of UCSD grads followed by UCI and UCLA grads. However, UCD grads would be fairly nonexistent there.</p>

<p>Does this correlate with other people's perceptions?</p>