UC's Chance Me!

uw GPA: 3.87
w GPA: 4.50
capped GPA: 4.24
SAT: 1400 (CR: 660, M: 740)
ACT: 33 (E: 28, M: 34, R: 34, S: 35)
AP classes: Euro (2), US History (4), Chemisty (4), Lang (4)
SAT Subject Scores: Chemistry (740), Math 1 (700), and US History (640)
EC’s: Got an internship at Northrop Grumman for Cyber Security, 200+ hours at a local space center (teaching elementary schoolers robotics and 3D printing), I participate in SkillsUSA, won silver in a regional competition and elected by my peers, all through California to represent the state at Nationals as a State Officer. Started a sudoku Club at my school, founder and president (I like puzzles) and 3 year Varsity Golfer, we’ve won league title in 2016.
Intended major: chemistry or computer science

@Gumbymom

Several of the UCs want the Math 2 Subject test for engineering. You should check on the requirements for each one you’re interested in. If they say ‘Recommended’, that’s best read as ‘required’’

@youcee is correct that several of the competitive UC’s recommend SAT Subject test Math 2 not Math 1.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
SAT Subject Tests

While SAT Subject Tests are not required, some campuses recommend that freshman applicants interested in competitive majors take the tests to demonstrate subject proficiency.

Recommendations for fall 2018 applicants

Remember, these are recommendations, not mandates. You will not be penalized for failing to take the SAT Subject Tests. On the other hand, submission of these test scores (just like submission of AP and/or IB scores) may add positively to the review of your application.

Berkeley:

College of Chemistry and College of Engineering: Math Level 2 and a science test (Biology E/M, Chemistry, or Physics) closely related to the applicant’s intended major.

Davis"

Not recommended for any area.

Irvine"

Henry Samueli School of Engineering (including the joint Computer Science and Engineering major): Math Level 2 and a science test (Biology E/M, Chemistry, or Physics) closely related to the applicant’s intended major.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences: Biology M, Chemistry, and/or Math Level 2.

School of Physical Sciences: Math Level 2

Los Angeles:

Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science: Math Level 2 and a science test (Biology E/M, Chemistry, or Physics) closely related to the applicant’s intended major.

Merced:

No recommendation at this time.

Riverside

College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences and Bourns College of Engineering: Math 2 and Chemistry or Physics, for all majors

San Diego:

Jacobs School of Engineering and biological or physical sciences majors: Math Level 2 and a science test (Biology E/M, Chemistry, or Physics) closely related to the applicant’s intended major.

Santa Barbara:

College of Engineering: Math Level 2

College of Creative Studies:

Math Level 2 for math majors
Math Level 2 and Physics for physics majors
Biology for biology majors
Chemistry for biochemistry and chemistry majors
Math Level 2 for computing majors

Santa Cruz:

Not recommended for any area.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Regarding chances, your GPA is competitive for all the UC’s, SATis competitive for the Mid-tier UC’s and a bit on the low side for UCB and UCLA especially if you are applying for CS. I would send your ACT score instead of the SAT score. Your ACT score is on target (above average) for the top UC’s. You have good EC’s but more focused on CS than Chemistry. You are competitive for all the UC’s, so make sure you spend time on those personal insight essays and make them shine…

UCB: Low Reach
UCLA: High Match for Chemistry/Low Reach-CS
UCSD: High Match-Match
UCI/UCD/UCSB: Match
UCSC: Low Match-Safety
UCR/UCM; Safety

agree, you are a competitive applicant for all the UCs - though the top are a slight reach. I’d also toss an ap at CP SLO and SDSU as a fall back.
good luck