Ucsb rmp 2021

Cool! Mind sharing your essays? I can share mine as well…

im a sophomore!

Wanna share essays?
I can pm u my doc

I’m a sophomore as well! Just curious, where did you hear that only 30 sophomores are accepted?

deleted

One of my freinds in 2019 got in as a freshman and he said 3 freshmen get in 30 sophs and 40 juniors.

It is really sus, because I hear SO many rejections from its baby program (SRA) but not heard that many rejections from this program. IDK its really sus to me

Guys, isn’t it weird that I hear SO many rejections and waitlists from RMP’s baby program (SRA) but not heard that many rejections from this program. IDK its really sus to me

anyone else got an acceptance? im waiting for my decision post-interview

@phiilee did you get your results?

1 Like

I got accepted.

do you mind posting your stats?

Did anyone get an interview request recently? If so, when did you submit your supplemental essays? Thanks!

I submitted mine on the 8th of March and received an interview request on the 19th.

Did anyone who submitted theirs after the 11th get an interview request?

4.6 GPA, A lot of solid EC’s, Prior Research experience.

Hey Darren, can you chance me? I can PM my essays and stats later (not now since I am a new user). Also What do you think the program wants: Passionate/potential people, or accomplished people.

In other words, is the program an MIT/CalTECH (accomplished hunter) or Harvard/Brown (passionate hunter)\

Also did you win any awards (ISEF)?

sorry if my description is cringe, it is an effect of my neuroticism

Hey, I think they are looking for a mix of both. Academics need to be really solid but more importantly, they look for a fit in the program. If someone is too academic, they won’t be coming up with innovative solutions, hence showing you need a balance of both. This is probably not a direct answer but the best answer since MIT level isn’t what they are looking for but Harvard can be kind of random. A good comparison in my opinion is UC Berkeley.

Yes, I did have science fair awards.

that makes sense. Are u a junior?

Yes

YO I sent u a PM doe