Ucsb rmp 2021

Thank you!

Hey! Has anyone gotten an interview recently (within the past couple of days)? Thanks!

nope xD

I got rejected. Can anyone please who got in share their stats and essay with me? I would love to learn what i am missing in my essays. Thanks

So sorry to hear this. I am still waiting.

I submitted it well before the deadline but missed the email telling me that there was a status update. I didn’t get offered an interview tho so that’s when I had the feeling that was going to get rejected. I was honestly a bit disappointed, my essays weren’t great but not horrible. My stats were pretty good like research in a prestigious university and a publication on the way. So i think it was my essay or stats that went bad. Keep your hopes up tho!

Thank you so much for sharing! Best luck with your other applications if you’re still waiting.

Hi! Do you know what kind of questions they ask during the interview? And do you have any advice for someone who is going to take the interview but has no previous research experience?

Can you let me know what kind of questions they ask during the interview? I have no previous research experience and am super nervous! I didn’t even expect to make it to this point I guess my supplemental made up for it haha.

Rejected but I wasn’t expecting much.

do you mind sharing ur stats

no research experience. 5s on ap bio, easy ap, and foreign language. taking another 5 aps this year. 1460 psat and 3.86/4.22 GPA. all my Bs are from STEM courses, so

i’m a big humanities/community-involvement person, so i have nothing in the stem/research field.

ok, ty, did u apply as a rising senior?

i got rejected lmao rolling admissions gmfu

1 Like

if you don’t mind lmk, when did you submit your supplemental by?

I applied and got an interview but didn’t get accepted at the final stage : (

i’m sorry to hear that, i hope you get into another program of your choice :)).

if you don’t mind, could you lmk a bit more about your timeline? when did you submit supplementals by, when did they contact u for interview, & when did u get your result. sorry to bother! thank you

Yeah, I got into the Boston RISE Internship so no hard feelings haha!
I honestly wasn’t expecting much because I turned everything in kinda late I was shocked I even got to the interview but I had really good supplementals and stats I guess.
But I was also totally unprepared for the interview and kind of BS’ed my way through it, if I actually prepped I probably would have gotten in.
I submitted my app on March 8th and my supplemental ?s on March 9th or 10th can’t remember. They reached out to me to schedule an interview on March 25th and I got to choose when to schedule it, I choose April 1st. I got rejected on April 6th.

omg RISE!! that’s amazing, great job. thank you so much for lmk haha

for sure! lmk if you have any other questions : )

1 Like