**UCSD Class of 2025 Waitlist Discussion**

Nothing so far… my guess is that they’re currently swamped with waitlist apps and we won’t hear anything until mid May, similar to UCLA

I can’t imagine it’s totally random - maybe random within a college, program or major? That would make more sense. But if they are looking for a particular “mix” of students, then there might be ever more thought than that. Who knows. I imagine its a long process, because they have to consider not only total acceptances of admission from first round but also that there will those who drop out after commitment when they get taken off waitlists from other schools that they prefer. It could be dragged out for a while.

I highly doubt it is 100% random. They probably will admit students whose majors aren’t full yet over students whose majors are full.

3 Likes

I heard someone got off the waitlist today for an engineering major after contacting admissions.

Really? Anyone else? Big wave? Ugh. How did they contact admissions? Phone call or email? Sorry for the questions. I’m so anxious.

Nothing here!

Dose he or she recommend himself or herself to admission officers then get off from waitlist?

Dose he or she recommend himself or herself to admission officers then get off from waitlist?

how did they contact admissions?

okok :slight_smile:

I believe that’s a coincidence. when I contact the office(the number on the bottom of my portal), they told me they won’t consider any information update. And I believe you can never reach the real officer who makes decisions.

2 Likes

does anyone have any predictions on when the first wave will come out?

I just got off the waitlist for UC Santa Cruz, I don’t know if that’s any indication of when UCSD decisions will come out but at least some of the UCs have already started.

5 Likes

Hoping beginning of next week for SD and Cal waitlists

2 Likes

Just got off UCSC waitlist. UCSD, where are you?

3 Likes

Same here

I got off waitlist from UCSC too. Do you think if i accept UCSC, does it effect my waitlist at UCSD?

No, accepting one waitlist will not effect our chances on the other waitlists. You will just lose your enrollment deposit if you keep changing your SIR school.

Hi Gumbymom, is it heard of for people to get off the waitlist and get into Computer Science?

I have not seen anyone get off the UCSD waitlist for CS but it does not mean it has never happened. Chances are very slim.