UCSD fall 2023 transfers!

haven’t heard back :frowning:
take this quiz: if you’ve heard back or not!!!

Accepted Int’l biz in state 3.7gpa

1 Like

Didn’t expect decisions to come out today, but my son got admitted to Computer Science by UCSD and UC Davis! Very thankful this time. We are 1 hour from Davis and 8 hours from San Diego, it makes it a little tricky to SIR.

5 Likes

Accepted Economics 3.95

2 Likes

Accepted for Cognitive Science! 3.8 GPA, in-state

3 Likes

Hey, do you mind if I ask you what your extracurriculars were? I’m also a cog sci major and I’ll be applying this fall

1 Like

My daughter just got accepted as a transfer student in political science to UCSD. She is transferring from El Camino College in Torrance and is in the Honors program there…4.0. (Roosevelt college)

Sure, I’ll list my main ones/ECs that were more related to the major (I’m interested in a UX pathway, so some ECs will be geared toward that)

• working as a freelance web designer
  • previously worked as a registered behavior therapist
  • UX Certification (not sure if this is an EC, but I listed it on my app)
  • participated in CC’s PSI Beta chapter
  • participated in CC’s psyc club
  • joined CSS/cognitive science society
  • also did a lot of volunteer work/fostering at an animal rescue/adoption lounge + customer service and leadership roles there

When do you think the second wave will come out? I hear Friday is the day to look forward to, but I guess we have to wait and see.

Anticipating the second wave too. I believe in us!

1 Like

Thank you! Did you find any internships related to cog sci? Also, what did you do at the CSS? Are there events you can attend?

Also, do you think grades and essays are more important than extracurriculars?

I did not find any internships, but you should see what your CC’s career and internship department has to offer! Depending on what path you plan to go down with cog sci, I would try to find a job/volunteer program related to that.
CSS mainly offered conferences and access to exclusive journals in the field.

I’ve often heard that completing course prerequisites with a good GPA is the most important thing when transferring. However, while I maintained a good GPA, I did not finish a lot of the UCSD prerequisites and still got in. I’d say for at least the top 3 UCs (UCB, UCLA, UCSD), your PIQs and extracurriculars will matter a lot, along with maintaining a good GPA and finishing as many prerequisites as possible.

still says pending for me. is there two batches?

The application portal says that the admissions will be released in two batches as the status. I heard it might be Friday but let us see.

only a couple hours left!

1 Like

I think my son is deciding to SIR tonight (Computer Science, admitted last week) so that we can move on to look at the housing. We are unfamiliar with UCSD campus. From the info we received, transfer students will be assigned campus housing starting from Pepper Canyon East, Rita Atkinson Residences, maybe in that order? Can we choose or is it strictly assigned? Is this first-come-first-serve? (This may not be the right thread, but if anyone has info or can point to an appropriate thread, please kindly inform). Thanks!

my portal just changed! I think itll update soon

1 Like

accepted chemistry:)

3 Likes

waitlisted

computer engineering 3.6 gpa

accepted! california transfer student, gpa 3.89. admitted for political science: public policy! :crossed_fingers:t3: