UF vs UM

<p>So I am deciding between these two colleges, and have a few questions.. Academically, is UF that much better than UM? I know that UM is now ranked 47th as opposed to UFs 53, but when looking at the individual program rankings, UF blows out Miami in almost every single ranking (except for medicine, in which they are tied). However, UM has a major in Biomedical Engineering, which UF does NOT have. I want to also do pre-med. Would it be better to go to UM or UF (disregard the financial factor)?</p>

<p>This is indeed a very hard question if you approach solely off an academic standpoint, for these two universities are neck and neck when it comes down to academics. </p>

<p>I believe the choice comes down what kind of school you want to go to?</p>

<p>UF is obviously bigger and will have have bigger class sizes. It is public school and is pretty much the “standard college experience.” I have heard that students often feel more like a number than a person, but the school spirit, especially at home games, is absolutely incredible. </p>

<p>UM is a private school that has a significantly smaller incoming class. The classes will be more personal and you are treated better (seeing as most people are paying 50 grand a year). The campus is more tropical and the weather is nice year round but I do have friends that prefer UF’s campus. </p>

<p>When the rankings of two schools are so close, its better to consider which environment is better for you as a learner.</p>