UM Football team

<p>As a UM alum, I was very disappointed to learn that only 3 out of the top 247 high school football players in the nation are committed to go to Miami next year and only 1 out of the top 100. This is worse than it was last year. And last year was bad. South Florida high schools are well known for having great football players, but these last few years they are going anywhere but UM. Which really sucks. I hate losing to Virginia Tech, and one of my daughters goes to VT, so I have to take the teasing from her. </p>

<p>Top</a> Football Recruits of 2011</p>

<p>Jadeveon</a> Clowney leads Top 100 high school football recruits - More Sports - SI.com</p>

<p>Florida State got 9 out of the top 100, and 14 out of the top 247. Ugh.</p>

<p>All things considered, I’m actually really pleased with this class, especially that recruit we stole from USC. I’m watching the signers come in live via twitter and the blogs. Remember, it’s not all about the rankings, it’s all about the U.</p>

<p>Rankings don’t mean that much, it’s very hard to project how good a player will be at the next level because college and h.s. Are very different.</p>

<p>And it gives other people a chance, for once.</p>

<p>Take the blinders off, you guys. Jeez. In football, size matters, as does quickness. That’s why some are recruited and most aren’t. Looks like Fla. State and VT will be dominating the ACC for years to come. Ticks me off. Randy Shannon’s poor management & recruiting really screwed up this team.</p>

<p>Think whatever you want, but with top ten recruiting classes for four out of the past six years and a number one class in 2008 we have yet to win a BCS championship, let alone a national championship recently.</p>

<p>Wade County is home to LBJ and CB. Other than that and possibly the UM baseball team, there isn’t much going for Miami for the next 5-6 years at best. Please get used to it.</p>

<p>Well we had the top recruiting class in '08 and that didn’t help much soooo…</p>

<p>If you want small private school and great football, you gotta go to TCU</p>

<p>TCU definitely has a great football team now, but I’m not sure their academics are quite up to par with UM. Plus, they don’t have the swagga that the U has!</p>

<p>LOL! I hear ya! :)</p>