UMD Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

same

1 Like

DS22 got accepted. OOS. Got the email few mins ago.

1 Like

My DD was admitted to engineering honors. Instate - 1560 SAT, 4.0/4.84 GPA, Calc AB and Calc BC, 10 APs, NMSF, Varsity athlete, Girl Scout Gold Award.

4 Likes

Need at least a 3.9 UW (probably 4.0) GPA to get into Honors College. HC admissions counselor pretty much said this on HC information session this past fall.

1 Like

DS admitted, business, Yeah!!

3 Likes

OOS DD Accepted Government and politics/college park scholars invite
34 act 3.98/4.5 gpa

2 Likes

are decisions still rolling out?

yes

1 Like

DS in! In state. CS. Scholars invite. 1520 SAT. 3.91/ 4.52. NMSF

4 Likes

If you applied as a CS ,and were admitted to Letters and Sciences you were not directly admitted as a CS major. As CS is an LEP your son will need to get admitted to the major after completing the gateway requirements. If you successfully complete them you get into the major. Unlike the business school where you can successfully complete them and not be guaranteed to get into the major. Even if you were directly admitted into CS you still have to take the same gateway requirements it is just that you are already a declared CS major. If a student did poorly in the gateway classes they would essentially flunk out of the major anyhow so it really isnā€™t a big deal if you are admitted directly as a CS major because you have to be successful in order to get to the upper level CS classes. Hope that makes sense.

7 Likes

The CS major went to a LEP (limited enrollment program) in 2019 due to the overwhelming demand. Last year there were lots of students with very high stats who were admitted into L&S, not CS. The good news is that the entry into the program is pretty straightforward and not competitive. There is no cap on the number of students who can transfer in. The requirements are almost identical to the benchmark requirements for those already in the major. The only difference-which is important to note- is you need an overall 2.0 GPA if you are in the major but need a 2.7 overall GPA to transfer in.

6 Likes

S22 in! Computer Engineering
OOS/1530/3.84/4.47

4 Likes

Hi All! D22 was accepted into Women and Gender Studies major, no mention of Honors or an LLC. Question, any chance for merit money at UMD if not in Honors? Congrats to those accepted and onward and upward to those who didnā€™t get the news they wanted.

3 Likes

did u just get your decision?

same here.

I was out and she got it within the half hour. Who knows how long it was available with the crash

anyone still not received ?

1 Like

I still havenā€™t :neutral_face:

why does freshman connection feel like rejection?

1 Like

I havenā€™t