UMD Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Yes, its intended major. Noticed the same while filling application. Thanks.

1 Like

Iā€™m deadass refreshing my portal every minute and there is still no decisionā€¦

1 Like

same ahahaha

Will it still come or we have to wait to check with them on Monday

not sure

For those of you who were not admitted to one of the LLC (Honors, Scholars, etc.) donā€™t be discouraged. My son was admitted to honors 4 years ago and essentially never completed the requirements. He just didnā€™t like the classes. He ended up graduating a year early as a CS major with a minor in Stat. He got a presidential scholarship for $50,000 (12,500 per year) and we are OOS. My daughter who is a 2nd semester freshman now was not admitted to any program and she too got the same $50,000 scholarship. While her stats were good, his stats were much better than hers. In February last year after she got in she was upset that the didnā€™t get into any program and was looking at the Scholars website feeling sad. Turns out you can apply for Scholars if you arenā€™t ā€œchosenā€ after you get in. There was a deadline though and I believe it was in February. She got her first choice - Justice and Legal. My point is all is not lost wth both $$ and a LLC. The scholarship letters come in March.

13 Likes

S22 got admitted. Got admitted to the College of Letters and Sciences (applied for CS).

OOS (CA)/1530/3.91uw/NMSF

did u just get your decision?

Except for the Bā€™K scholarship, which is only available to Honors College students. the Presidents Scholarships are available to all students admitted EA. The same is true for the Deans scholarships (but they are limited to In-State students)

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this info! So I will tell her to look up Scholars and apply. Good info and much appreciated.

3 Likes

Ok, great. Really appreciate this info

I was able to.

D22 Accepted and invited to honors college. OOS, 3.9-4.0 uw, 1510 sat, astrophysics major

2 Likes

This is a good data point to have as I have previously not seen any student get the largest Presidential Scholarship who was not in honors. So itā€™s nice to know for future applicants that it is possible to get $ even if you arenā€™t in Honors.

1 Like

My son was not admitted to an LLP and heā€™s loving his best life at UMD. Got all As his first semester. Loves every minute of his college experience

6 Likes

We were shocked she got that much too but she did. I have no idea their logic, reasoning or methodology.

1 Like

Is anyone still waiting , I only saw 2 others still have no decision in portal

2 Likes

Still waiting.

1 Like

still waiting in CA. Anyone from CA still waiting as well?

Yes; also waiting in CA