1 Like

Thank you.

Same here.

1 Like

Same

1 Like

Very helpful reply. Thank you

1 Like

They clearly had some issues. My DD accepted to Business (Smith), Carillion, 3.96/4.58(w)/1490 (yeah!), but the letter noted we were ā€œqualifiedā€ for OOS tuition. Weā€™ve lived in MD for 16 years and the same was noted on her application. Donā€™t know if she was reviewed as OOS (which would impact Honors College selection and merit) or if the letter generation just screwed up. In any event, it looks like Iā€™ll get an early introduction into the UMD bureaucracy to see if we can get this straightened out.

Good luck folks!

The people that got accepted how does your email start? Do you get a congrats kind of e mail or something like

Thank you for your continued interest in the University of Maryland. The Admissions Committee has carefully reviewed your application and a decision is now available.

1 Like

Also if you get your email ainā€™t the evening is that a good or bad sign

the same way as yours

My son was admitted into Spring L&S two years ago to the day. He went FC and get into his LEP (CS) and heā€™s having a great time at UMD - he loves it. Heā€™s OOS for what thatā€™s worth. Nothing to be disappointed about - youā€™re in!

3 Likes

Same with my son! We need to research this too.

1 Like

thank you for your information and this makes me feel much better :wink:

2 Likes

My portal looks like this!!!

They send a flyer with a checklist and some other things later, but not the traditional package, no (at least not last year)

My son has several friends who were spring admits who entered in as Freshman Connection. They love it, and completely assimilated into campus life, they just have to take first semester classes at a different time. There really is no difference between FC and Fall Admits in terms of the non-academic facets of campus. Just the classes your first semester if you elect to start in the fall.

3 Likes

My D applied to UMD back when they had there own application.

There was section, that was easy to miss, which asked very specific questions regarding In-State status, including payment of Maryland taxes, voter registration and driverā€™s licenses.

I have no idea how the Common App deals with proving Maryland residency, but it is best to resolve this as soon as you can

OOS status does not have any impact on Honors College admission or merit scholarships, except for the Deanā€™s Scholarship which is limited to In-State students

2 Likes

our sonā€™s portal also looks the same

Hope folks applying next year see this post and note that there is no point sweating over ā€˜linksā€™ based on portal astrology. Congrats!

1 Like

I know it isnā€™t all rankings, but USNews has, for engineering in general, Purdue at 10 and UMD at 21. For Aerospace it has Purdue at 4 and UMD at 12. DS22 was accepted to Purdue and Purdue Honors, but for UMD no honors or scholars. That was a little surprising to us, but we know there are no guarantees. DS22 really wants an honors program with a residential component, particularly if he attends a large school.

1 Like

Thanks. We are OOS. Last night he said since he has Purdue and Purdue Honors and doesnā€™t have Honors or Scholars at UMD that heā€™s leaning toward Purdue. Weā€™ll see.