UMIAMI RD Decisions

I received mine last Friday and I’m in RI

I got mine today finally

From Southern California, just happened to check my D’s portal a few minutes ago, and she received her decision letter. This year they had 33,000 students apply for 2,000 openings for the freshman class. Still chewing on the 5-part outcome. Say what??? (1) Waitlisted for fall 2015. (2) Offered admission for spring 2016 in General Motion Pictures in the Undergraduate Communication. (3) If she chooses to remain on fall 2015 wait list, her app. will be kept active and if an opening comes up, then she would be notified ASAP but no later than June 15, 2015 (limited financial assistance for students admitted on the wait list apparently). (4) Offered opportunity to apply for one of two special sponsored programs in the fall 2015 semester in either Washington DC or Rome, Italy (get out!). (5) In lieu of the Washington DC or Rome programs, she has option to accept the spring 2016 offer of admission and remain on the wait list for fall 2015; then during the fall semester, she can choose to travel, volunteer, engage in an internship, or enroll in courses at another college or university. No mention of any merit or need-based aid in letter.

My son (from NY) got the same options as Shoot4dstars daughter. He will laugh when he sees it. So many choices and yet, limited financial aid would be available. Does not work for him, that is for sure. Glad they gave him choices but still…

Got in after being deferred from early action. Not likely to attend because other schools have offered me more in merit aid. Good Luck to those waiting.

@fbi251 did you get an email first or did you just check the portal? I was also deferred but haven’t seen any updates on my portal…This isn’t looking good for me :-SS

@spldnlvr I checked in the communications in the portal and saw the message there. They still have to go through a lot of apps. Good Luck

@fbi251 ahhh thank you! hoping my decision is posted today…

I got wait listed(accepted for spring 2016) which seems really strange to me. Not one of my top choices, but I got into BC, Nova, and Tulane and ended up being wait listed at Miami…

Anyone who didn’t get in shouldn’t feel bad because obviously admissions are obviously getting very, very competitive.