UMiami Spring 2022 Transfers

I’m not sure, I called admissions because I wasn’t sure what the math placement exam on my CaneLink meant and she was very confused / lowkey freaked out that I could see it haha and then she disappeared for a few minutes and came back and said decisions won’t be out for a few weeks and that all applicants have the placement exam.

Will a few other people check to see if they can see log into their ALEKS math placement exam portal under the admissions tab on CaneLink?

checked and I don’t have this.

Did you check under the admissions tab on CaneLink and log into portal under the ALEKS math placement tab? Once you log in there’s something on my portal that says I have a pending math placement exam for Fall 2021-Spring 2022.

That’s what it says btw, don’t know if this is good news or not, I was just curious if everyone can see this on their portals and if it means anything.

I don’t have that on my portal either

That’s so weird because the lady at admissions told me all applicants had it. Not sure what it means or why it’s on my portal. Does anyone else have it?

maybe it depends on the major you are applying for

but either way its just a placement exam so they can place you into a certain math course based on how much you know

Yeah it definitely could be just that, I’m applying for School of Communication tho so I’m not sure if I have a math requirement. I’m also a junior so I’ve already finished my math classes. It says new incoming students so idk if it’s a glitch or what

Anyone heard anything recently or have an idea when decisions are coming out?

I emailed my admissions counselor and she responded saying my application is in line for review and I’d hear back the second week of December. I submitted my application 10/26 and it was ready for review 10/27.

Im hoping we don’t all need to wait that long. I think if you submitted your application earlier they might let you know earlier too

Yeah I’m sure you won’t have to, but for people who applied around the same time as me, you will probably hear back around the second week of December too.

So I attended a UM transfer Tuesday session yesterday and they said it was going to be significantly harder to get in for Spring 2022 than it’s been for the Fall :sob: They said they have a very full class and very limited space for transfers and that they recommend applying for the fall semester :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They also said we should hear back mid-December at the absolute latest and many people will find out their decisions before mid-December

1 Like

That’s rough. Not the best situation…

2 Likes

Heard the same

I got waitlisted, did anyone else hear back?

nd who hosted it
Thank you