UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

You would also look merit by which school you apply to at Michigan. This is one example.

4 Likes

Mmm… it’s been awhile since I’ve been on the school go around. Very nervous! I have really low expectations as for admission but I’d be so happy at UMich. sooo… here’s to hoping

4 Likes

I forgot. I have to amend this statement. Starting Fall of 2023, this class, CS will have advanced section. There are rules: Undergraduate Admissions & Financial Aid | Computer Science and Engineering at Michigan

anyone knows how long does it take to get umich portal sign up link after submitting common app?

Usually within a week.

thanks… just saw it on their site… it said 3-5 days.

That’s why I said about a week, lol. They don’t always run on time. Good luck.

1 Like

My kid received portal access five days after Common App submission. Be patient. The email should arrive soon.

1 Like

Does UMich allow optional resume to be uploaded?

2 Likes

Follow the rules they set forth. If you have something that’s so special send it to your AO and they will put it on your file. But… Following the rules is a skill also. Just give them what they ask for.

Hey, I applied through the Common App and all it said was to list my interests (nothing about major selection). Does everyone go into LSA undecided, and, if so, what is the relevance of listing these?

1 Like

Everyone is undecided regardless of your major for LSA. They want to get an idea how many seats they need and how competitive your interest (major), might be. Michigan also gives you the ability to change your majors.

2 Likes

Hi All! Chance my son?

In-state, and we live in an underserved area of Northern Michigan
3.93 GPA
Applied to Biopsychology, Cognition and Neuroscience (BCN)
NHS President
Youth Advisory Committee Secretary
Tons of volunteer hours
One of two high school students chosen to to be on a community task force with area physicians, counselors lawyers, police, and community leaders to address growing drug use in high school students
Co-founder of high school Agriculture Club
Various clubs/groups (Chemistry Club, Discussions of Diverse Spiritual Beliefs club)
Quizbowl member
Varsity Tennis and LaCrosse
Did not submit SAT scores

Any feedback? TIA!

Hi All! Chance my son?

In-state, and we live in an underserved area of Northern Michigan
3.93 GPA
Applied to Biopsychology, Cognition and Neuroscience (BCN)
NHS President
Youth Advisory Committee Secretary
Tons of volunteer hours
One of two high school students chosen to to be on a community task force with area physicians, counselors lawyers, police, and community leaders to address growing drug use in high school students
Co-founder of high school Agriculture Club
Various clubs/groups (Chemistry Club, Discussions of Diverse Spiritual Beliefs club)
Quizbowl member
Varsity Tennis and LaCrosse
Did not submit SAT scores

Any feedback? TIA!

Forgot AP classes… he took all our school had to offer. AP Chem, AP World History, AP English…

1 Like

If his GPA is unweighted then he has a great chance. But without any proof I just think not having a Sat /Act is a disadvantage. It’s hard to unsee a great score. Does your son’s school have Michigan acceptances?

2 Likes

His GPA is unweighted. And yes, his school does get Michigan acceptances every year. Michigan has always been his first choice, UMich fan since the cradle, practically, lol. So crossing my fingers for him:)

1 Like

Good luck to him.

2 Likes

My guess is that he has a great chance of admission. Based on last year’s UMich thread, which had a main theme of how hard OOS admission has become, there have been some in-state unpleasant surprises, but they sounded like they were concentrated in high-achieving schools. In-state is getting more competitive for sure, as has been seen in WI and more dramatically in CA, but I think your kid has attractive stats, despite being a test-optional applicant.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the input. He met with our UM regional admissions director and was told that test-optional would not be held against him, but you always wonder if it does play more of a role… He is such a great student and community member, really motivated and works very hard, yes, great GPA, activities, etc., but like so many kids, timed test taking is not his strong suit. I’m just glad that so many colleges realize that is just one piece of the puzzle and are test-optional now. Thank you again for your information!

2 Likes