UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

Yes, DS25 was deferred in EA two years ago and was devastated. He didn’t want to complete the LOCI form, but we made him. The LOCI form stated that he would attend UM if admitted. One month later he was admitted. Just came back from AA, visiting with my younger DS who is applying next year. DS25 is very happy in AA. So it does work out some times: don’t give up, don’t ever give up!

We also saw Purdue beat UM men’s basketball last night. Now that we are not happy about. . . .

3 Likes

Accepted oos LSA
33 Act, 4.4 wgpa
11ap’s/2 DE all Honors or APs
NHRS
Very strong EC’s and volunteer work
Unique internship, President of 2 clubs, Research work
2 sport varsity athlete all 4 yrs and Captain

2 Likes

Ross doesn’t review applications until accepted into another school within the University. Those admission decisions are separately released — I think the first day for Ross decisions is Feb 17th then also one day in March and one day in April.

2 Likes
1 Like

deferred OOS but got into UNC!!!

3.98 UW / 4.23 W
33 ACT

16 Likes

Accepted LSA!
OOS/International
Indicated Major PPE
IB Predicted: 45/45
1550 SAT
ECs mostly centered around service/leadership and public speaking

4 Likes

That’s amazing! Congratulations UNC OOS? wait just saw oos both that’s a huge acceptance UNC is nuts OOS too!

1 Like

Unweighted GPA: 4.21/4.00

did not submit SAT/ACT

AP Test Scores: Calculus BC (5), CSP (4), Physics 1 (4), Environmental Science (4), and will take CSA, Psychology, and Chemistry as a Senior

Level of Rigor for your coursework when compared to you HS peers (1-5):
4.5 (took Calculus BC instead of Linear Algebra)

Residency: International, China

Accomplishments/Awards/Recognitions:
school’s bilingual broadcasting club (Co-founder)
school’s Chorus Club (Sectional leader)
school’s FRC club(Group leader)

Other Awards/Recognitions:
school’s First Scholarship Prize (academic-oriented) in school (3-yr full tuition waiver)
school’s CS club(Member)
school’s botany research science club(Member)
school’s fencing club(Member)
some regional speaking/writing competitions’ awards and won a spot on an exchange program
Attended summer schools in CS major (Columbia Summer Immersion and another one in China)

School/College applying to: College of Engineering

no family connections

Intended Program/Major: Computer Engineering, Data Science

Thanks in advance for all your feedback!!

2 Likes

Same for my girl. Definitely disappointed about this but certainly happy to get the UNC acceptance!

2 Likes

Did you get a result today?

1 Like

I feel your pain!

1 Like

Go TarHoles! Congrats!

3 Likes

Twins Out of state , accepted! Shocked and thrilled . Applied to school of engineering- BME
Twin A = 4.2 weighted GPA
1540 SAT , National Merit Commended Scholar
6 AP . So far one 5 and all 4 s
Part of a lab / biomedical program from school. Track team , has been captain multiple times
Twin B - 3.94 unweighted average
1580 SAT , NMS
9 AP and 2 post AP. So far two 4s and three 5 s.
EC - Track team and Model UN

10 Likes

Accepted OOS LSA pre-business
4.65 gpa, 10 APs, most Honors,
Well rounded ECs

1 Like

congratulations! same for our kiddo! postponed at um, accepted to unc. oos for both. we were shocked!

How does one convince them? It seems they only want recent grades… what is the form letter, what else is pertinent to send?

Our applicant doesn’t want to click yet, on the link since it says you can only submit once.

What is your read on this? Are they applying to a smaller school like my child?

1 Like

Postponed OOS. 1520 SAT, 4.0UW. LOTS of leadership EC’s and AP’s.

1 Like

S23 postponed; OOS, 4.0, test optional.

Is the RD thread up and running? Or, does eventually change to encompass postponed applicants?

Congrats to all who were admitted!

3 Likes

DS accepted in state!! We are beyond excited!
LSA - Ross Preferred
4.6 Weighted/3.9 unweighted
33 ACT
I think 10 AP’s - 4’s and 5’s
He spent months on his essays with many revisions - I think they were pretty good.
Loads of Leadership and community service, has worked a part-time job for 2 years with promotions, Constitutional Debate team went to nationals, 2 sport varsity athlete.
Double Legacy

Our school typically sees around 30 get admitted each year. In this EA round we counted 11 that were admitted, most deferred, and at least one outright rejected. A friend who was accepted COE was told he will know in 10 days if he gets into CS.

Last year, several who were deferred were accepted within a week after EA announcements came out.

I hope this info helps someone! Congrats to all that got in and keep the faith for those of you deferred!
GO BLUE!

5 Likes