UMich Ann Arbor Early Action Fall 2023

I was wondering the same exact thing. What percentage of OOS postponed move to accepted?

3 Likes

There is no stat as far as we know. But lots of the additional 30,000 RD applicants will be OOS

@voda2013 @Knowsstuff Much appreciated! I agree, this should be a sticky! Trust but verify. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Knowsstuff can you link the regular decision thread? i can’t seem to find it

2 Likes

i just want to stay in the loop for all michigan related things!

1 Like

Just for you…UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

5 Likes

We were out of state. My kid is class of 2025. COE and doubling majoring(both engineering).
We got around 80 k in Merit scholarship. The letter came sometime in April though the kid was accepted end of January.This was completely merit scholarship no financial aid.
The one thing that we missed was alumni scholarship which has a deadline. Look at your state’s alumni association and they give money.
Also there are certain scholarships that you can apply to at the coe website.

4 Likes

thank you!

2 Likes

LOCI submitted. Now we wait. Again.

1 Like

For postponed applicants, I remember reading that they might be reconsidered in monthly waves with release dates associated with Ross decision release dates. Is this true this year? I apologize if I have this wrong-- I can not find the info from earlier postings.

No one knows until it happens.

1 Like

@Knowsstuff @sushiritto
OOS D23 applied LSA - preferred ROSS
Accepted to LSA. Should she apply for LSA Honors (got email telling her to apply) ?. She will only attend Michigan if she gets into ROSS. Wondering if it makes sense to apply for LSA Honors in that scenario. Thanks!

Did you receive an email from Ross that they are reviewing your application? My daughter is also OOS accepted to LSA preferred Ross.

My son received emails regarding LSA Honors and Ross Admissions next steps.

Yes, did get the email. Good luck w/ ROSS admission!

2 Likes

I think I found the answer
I am applying to the Ross School of Business/School of Music, Theater, and Dance/Stamps School of Art & Design. Should I apply to Honors?
If you have expressed interest in another school or college in your U-M application, we will admit you to Honors if, in addition to a strong overall application, it is clear that you also plan to pursue a degree in LSA as well as Ross/SMTD/Stamps.

So if you plan to do a dual major say Economics + ROSS, it would make sense to apply for LSA Honors ?

2 Likes

Same for my son. Deferred by Michigan for Engineering but accepted to Purdue and UICI. His friend was accepted by Michigan but denied by Purdue. It is all so weird. We are going to visit Purdue and UICI soon.
OOS
1480 SAT
12 APs

2 Likes

Daughter Accepted
OOS
4.11 GPA
33 ACT
Strong ECs
Waiting to hear on ROSS!

4 Likes

Excellent. Congrats! I recall you were asking about TO status a few months ago and I replied having a good feeling he’d be fine.

I went through this last year. We’re OOS Midwest. I’m an alum class of 94. Daughter got postponed then accepted last year. She ultimately chose the west coast. Hoping one of our others may be fortunate enough to get accepted and attend.

1 Like

Anyone got into BSN OOS? Applied for scholarships…

1 Like