UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

that’s like testing our patience , i hope we get it earlier

1 Like

My S’24 got in with a 1360 and a 3.69 GPA

1 Like

Having tracked stat posts here on CC in the past, I’d say that 3.69/1,360 would be more on the anomaly side of the acceptance spectrum, either in-state or OOS. The other thing to consider is that course rigor, essays, EC’s, etc. also enter the evaluation equation too.

There’s certainly a spectrum of acceptance at Michigan, since I’ve seen several posters over the years with 4.0’s/1,600’s that were rejected.

I’m not sure an SAT above 25th percentile and GPA above the lower 10% is an anomaly, but I suppose it depends on your definition. I’d reserve it for the smaller percentage of students accepted below 1100 and 3.25.

Are the results out?

That’s my opinion/statement and I stand by it. I’ve tracked the admission stats HERE on CC for several years, though not during the pandemic year(s).

Also, there’s roughly 300 +/- recruited athletes in every class and I’ll bet some of them are represented at or near the bottom of each class, in terms of the academic stats. As an example, the football team had 22 commitments for the Class of 2025.

And, LSA and CoE tend to have the highest academic stats in the CC stat “spectrum” with SMTD, Nursing and Kinesiology towards the lower end of the Michigan stat CC stat “spectrum.” Obviously, I can’t see essays, EC’s, etc.

1 Like

Just looking at the data culled from CC from prior to the pandemic, an uwGPA of 3.70 was the unofficial “cut-off” between acceptance and rejection (LSA & CoE). I don’t see an acceptance with a uwGPA below 3.70. Again from here on CC.

But I believe the above poster has a son from the Class of 2024, info that I don’t have. For that class, Michigan took large numbers of OOS applicants students from the waitlist, few, if any in-state applicants, since a lot of OOS acceptances “vanished” (didn’t enroll) at the beginning of the pandemic (March 2020). It seemed everyone wanted to stay close to home.

1 Like

No. People are just discussing results from years past.

Are you IS or OOS?

I am OOS but went to elementary school in Ann Arbor. Have so many fond memories. I really hope UMich gives a December surprise and releases EA decisions soon. Can’t tolerate the waiting until January.

I am OOS but went to elementary school in Ann Arbor. Have so many fond memories. I really hope UMich gives a December surprise and releases EA decisions soon. Can’t tolerate the waiting until January.

1 Like

Does Michigan now superscore the SAT and the ACT? Their website did not specify.

I believe so. This is what I see on their site under “Application Changes”

2 Likes

Anyone think that EA could be released sooner than end of January?

They announced on 1/23 last year, so will likely be around the same time this year.

Best wishes!

2 Likes

Dows anyone know if they recalculate the GPA for admissions review? If so, how?

If you want to make sure they know your student is a legacy then all they need to do is to incorporate it into their supplemental essays. Just a one liner.

They have 2 readers for every application and it is very possible it might be noted if there is a legacy connection. My son and his friends went and read their applications a few months ago. They’re all scored 1-15 IIRC and one who had a legacy connection did have a note about it on his app from one of the readers. My son had fun reading his file, although they redact a lot of info and you can only look if you actually attend. It’s very secretive too as you can’t take the file out and you can take notes only, no pictures of anything like that.

Not new. My daughters both had HAIL interviews in the Fall of 2018, and my son who was originally postponed EA last year had his HAIL interview in March 2021. He was accepted a few weeks later and I don’t think it had any impact on any of them even though they all were accepted. It’s only for COE and it’s really just supposed to be informative. One of my daughters had such a great alumni, she felt bad that UM wasn’t her first choice.

1 Like

Yes, they do. They unweight it and take your core classes only. At least that is what they told us at an information session we went to. My son also saw his actual application and his GPA was re-weighted on that to a 4.0 as they don’t count +/- and he had a few A- in core courses.

That’s good to know. I do hate how they discount some real classes and don’t weight AP courses. My son took an honors management accounting course and it was a hard legit class. But not a “core” course so won’t get credit for it.