UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I would check back at 5:00 pm since the new President sent that email out… Why not at this point… Lol. But if not then tomorrow is the day.

1 Like

what email was sent out?

strong textUNC just came out for those that applied there

4 Likes

President Coleman:
excerpt paragraph 7 of 9:
“Our future is so bright. We are preparing to admit students to our fall semester, and as always, they are some of the most accomplished and promising students in the state and in the world.”

Sent today at around noon.

7 Likes

Has anyone heard of them releasing at 5?

I don’t read that as they’re announcing today. I know we’d all love that to be the case but I feel like right now we’re grasping at straws trying to draw conclusions from every annoucement :grin:

3 Likes

who did they send it to?

Only for Ross BBA decisions.

1 Like

Ok. Thx

Central automatically gives a 65% tuition scholarship to high stats kids (used to be 75%). Likely most Centralis competitors were already at a 50% tuition scholarship before competing. Still, full tuition if you were already planning to go at 50%! What a lucky break!

1 Like

So … from the lack of activity, I’m guessing there was nothing in the portal at 5:00pm and we have to wait until tomorrow?

Admissions already said that they wouldn’t come out today

1 Like

I agree with every word.
To add our story is the same! Very high stat kid, chose MI over T20’s.

1 Like

How did you get the cap pin on your profile pic?

1 Like

Nvm, i got it!

I didn’t receive this email?

Spoke with a connection who is a professor at UofM, an administrator and in a leadership position, last night.

She doesn’t have info on exact date or time but confirmed that the Schlissel issue was part of the delay and that there is a ton of anger and anxiety that they’ve lost quality to other top schools with the delay.

12 Likes

thank you for sharing that information! honestly, judging from many of the posts here, I think the lack of communication and updating the applicant pool with an actual release date is more the source of frustration for applicants. but I could see how UofM admin. will worry that quality applicants may look elsewhere because of how they view the delay.

2 Likes

From what I know, it seems like this is the usual for Michigan and many other schools. I applied to 14 schools last year, and most didn’t release the exact date of decisions and if they did, it was very close to that date. Michigan also did the same thing last year and released on the last Friday of the month so it doesn’t seem out of the ordinary for them to be releasing tomorrow with no prior warning. I understand the frustration from many applicants but this seems to be pretty usual especially since they did say by the end of January.

5 Likes

Does request for a css profile mean anything good?