UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

They are trained very, very well now aren’t they? Lol :wink::roll_eyes:

9 Likes

if they don’t release today and decide to release on monday they’ll probably still say “end of january” when someone asks :sob:

7 Likes

Yes you’re right, I understand. But there are a lot of complaints about how the school is handling this process…I’m just confused by that. Sorry.

but they generally say clearly that decisions will not release today like that’s what they did previously so maybe they keeping it unknown cause they’re realising today?

1 Like

it’s very stressful. if they cant release today. They may have said jan 31 tho😕

Also. They’ve said end of January from day one, that’s the 31st. For weeks now people have been commenting about when notifications will be sent. So patience ran out long before the end of January. But as I said you’re right. And again sorry to offend.

So…if first semester Senior Grades were not all As, is there even a point in sending them in.

To be honest…in our case, my son is not asking or annoyed or anxious about the timing. He’s applied to several schools and the timing is spread out. One week or a few days here or there isn’t a big deal (again for him). He’s focused on his IB plan, closing out his HS life and enjoying his time as a senior. I think I’m probably more in the anxious category…I think the hard part is not showing it. As my wife said “can we please stop talking about it all the permutations and the if/thens”…

We all have bright kids…this is a heavy burden on them, I think we’re all here to support them on any path that lay in front of them and give them big hugs either way.

25 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think they are trying to be annoying by answering “end of January.” The people on the other end are probably students that are instructed to give the standard “end of January” answer. They probably have just as much of an idea for release date as us.

1 Like

Let’s raise a glass to this!! Good luck to all!!!

6 Likes

yea…that may be the reason. i think this time there are more number of applicants.

1 Like

Good luck to you! My daughter is also applying to BFA (illustration) programs in both traditional art schools and universities. May I ask which universities you applied to? My daughter applied to Northeastern, Stamps, University of Illinois (we are in Illinois), Carnegie Mellon, and the Tufts SMFA program, in addition to RISD, SCAD, Pratt, and a few others. Not sure what path she will take with regards to going to a university vs art school.

1 Like

Send them. It’s a myth they have to be all As. You don’t need all As to get into Michigan. But if an A student and seeing Cs. That can be problematic but… Follow what they ask you to do. If they ask for midterms and you don’t send them, then what do you think that means to them? Showing interest is sending them what they ask for.

Also… There could be a chance for some they don’t want your midterm grades. There is nothing special to this. Just follow what they are asking you to do. Sometimes I am thinking they want to see if you can follow directions. Nothing more or less. Send what they ask of you. That’s all.

My son’s school send Midterms to all schools. It’s a way to make sure their not blowing off senior year,I guess. Michigan wants to make sure your getting ready for college also is Its important to them.

3 Likes

Deep breaths everyone…deep breaths. Get a cuppa tea and some comfort food. Grab a book and sit by the heater…hug your favorite pet or person…don’t fret! It will be what it will be and it WILL be soon. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Once again… Be kind. It seems to always be the parents and not the kids getting stressed out. Been there, done that.

Nothing nefarious that Michigan is doing. If they could of given an exact date they would have. They said end of January. Don’t read too much into that. Same for April release dates. Early to Mid April I believe means just that. Michigan could easily pick their entire Freshman class from EA, no question but they have to give the RD and EA kids (second chance) to make it through also. Even their website says EA doesn’t really give you an advantage (not sure I 100% buy that) but…

This site is being watched by the CC moderators and administration. They give myself and @sushiritto lots of leeway and honestly I think we earned that. We have talked behind the scenes. No one wants people to be banned during this process. It’s emotional, everyone gets that. But this is just one adversity your children will face in life and nothing compared to being an actual student. It’s amazing how they grow each year academically, socially and emotionally.

All your kids deserve to be here. But as many stated there is a bit of luck for this and many schools.

Good Luck! :four_leaf_clover::crossed_fingers:

19 Likes

So, are you saying that if an EA applicant is deferred UMich requests certain information from the applicant? In all cases?

1 Like

Thank you, this has been such a great forum, making me want UMich for my daughter even more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is the third time (third child) I have been participating in
this forum and both you and @sushiritto have been fonts of knowledge and calmness. :wink: Thank you!

9 Likes

Nothing is for all cases. People want to send information after being postponed to help getting accepted. So thousands send in letters of continued intent that Michigan really didn’t want. They all get you want to be here.

So they developed a system so you can send one since lots of people are going to do it anyway, lol.

Follow the instructions, that is all I am saying. But, they could be asking different things possibly for different people. Or not. Just follow to what they ask. If given a word limit, then honor it…

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been on my son to find out if his GC sends updated grades/GPA (he’s had a great Sr. year so far) and I do think if he’s on the fence it might help his chances. Appreciate your input!