UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

me too!

Yes to the first question.

For a chance at a Ross admission, you must be accepted by your home school first. Otherwise, they’re two different schools at Michigan.

Daughter got accepted
LSA
1480 SAT
4.0 uw
Student Government officer
NHS officer
Founded French club
Tutoring all 4 years in math from elementary to high school students
Teacher assistant past 2 summers for summer school

She’s the only one not postponed of her friends

5 Likes

In state

Sure! Feel free to PM

Michigan was a stretch, so not surprised to be deferred.

S22 Postponed
LSA / Philosophy
OOS (TX)
3.6 GPA UW
1460 SAT
Some ECs, no sports
Father is alumni
Good recommendations and essays

“For a bunch of the postponed applicants, hold on, I think 3 weeks from today you may get an acceptance.”

This one

GPA: 3.82 uw; 4.48 W

DS accepted
In state
3.8 uw
33 ACT ONE SITTING
LOTS OF AP’s
8 varsity letters/4 years track/4 years tennis
Student council
NHS president
I thought his essays were sincere and thoughtful.
He is a math science guy with a lot of creative interests that he pursues.
His LOR, was from a teacher that told him he wanted to write him a letter.
His brother was deferred first round but got in 2 years ago. I know a lot of the in state deferrals will still get in. I know it will be torture until you get your final decision, but hang in there. As always thanks @sushiritto and @Knowsstuff I am hoping NOT to be back in 2 years for my D24. I think she would be a better fit at other schools, but if I am here, I hope you two are too!

7 Likes

My son finally opened his portal - Accepted COE! I am a proud alum mom, and his older brother is current COE junior:)
In-state, smaller rural high school
3.99 uw GPA
1510 SAT
8 AP classes
lots of music extracurriculars, 3-yr leadership in community foundation youth council,
Teacher LORs probably solid, also included letter from youth council advisor
Essays: common app one medium, UM-specific ones better
Go Blue! and best of luck to all!

10 Likes

Take 2 then! OOS (MA) postponed from LSA. UW 4 (W 4.9 – we use a 5 scale in general). Did not submit ACT.

1 Like

The info came from me, based upon prior historical observation of this forum.

RD releases have come in 3 main batches or “waves,” timed around the Ross BBA decisions. So, I believe RD releases will be on or around 2/18, 3/18 and 4/15.

1 Like

Kid postponed. TO. School only gives weighted GPA (sorry Sushiritto, I don’t have info in front of me to calculate unweighted). Lots of APs and almost all As (stats enough for McGill, who doesn’t see activities, letters, essays, etc). Into a few SLACs. Upthread there was discussion of yield management etc…does anyone think the difference between those asked for LOCI vs those asked for mid-year report has significance for the reason postponement was given?

1 Like

Accepted!
College of Engineering
OOS (MD)
4.0 UW/4.94 W
1570 SAT, 36 ACT
Solid ECs & Essays

7 Likes

me too and same situation. we literally have identical GPA and ACT. I’m devastated I hope all goes well for you :frowning:

Oh I see. Thank you so much! Hopefully I hear back soon.

@sushirito, what makes you say that? Please give me hope. Because other than UFloria, we have to wait until March/April & all are reaches.

D22 postponed.
3.9 uw, 4.2 weighted, in-state
2 summers at MMSS
1430 sat
Excellent essays
Commended scholar
Lots of ec & some volunteer

Yikes! I am so sorry to hear this! Your son’s stats are amazing! This process is absolutely brutal and so, so random.

Congrats! Where in Maryland are you from? What high school does your son attend?