UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

For this cycle? They won’t post those until at least late summer, when they introduce the Class of 2026 in the Michigan Daily.

Even last year (Fall 2021), the article doesn’t breakdown the numbers far enough. All we have is the Fall of 2020 and that was somewhat of an anomaly year because of the beginnings of the pandemic.

1 Like

Can we assume by now that you’re an insider?

Admitted to CoE.
Applied to CS.
OOS, Top 2% HS, SAT 1530

6 Likes

An insider to what? Michigan admissions? No, just a dad, with a D who will be graduating this Spring.

A D who worked very hard in her major and two minors. And I know the grade distributions in many of her classes, since my D would send them to me from her WA or canvas account.

1 Like

Requirements & Deadlines | University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Congratulations to those who got accepted today! My D22 got deferred from Stamps. Quick scrolling through updates, I did not see anyone mention deferral or acceptance to Stamps. Lots of LSA and OOS.

What do you mean “asked for LOI”?

Thx!

For all of the colleges, EA is a charade.

Sorry, I am sure it was originally designed with good intention but now it is “an absurd pretense intended to create a pleasant or respectable appearance.”

4 Likes

When you log in the portal and click on resolve (I think) a drop down box will open and will explain the 250 word write up that they are looking for

We know of one.

1 Like

ADMITTED to LSA!
Out-of-State
4.6 Weighted, 4.05 Unweighted
Test-Optional (No test scores)

I am so happy I was admitted, but for those who were deferred/postponed, you’re still in the running! I know everyone here will go where they are meant to go, and you will succeed no matter where. Good luck to all!

10 Likes

Congratulations!!!

My daughter is interested in Physics also. Did or will your daughter also apply to Michigan State University (MSU)? [Still taking apps] They have an amazing Astrophysics program - one of the best in the nation, (https://frib.msu.edu/) and more tech info that I am not qualified to speak since I know nothing more than FRIB. lol.

3 Likes

Ah yeah - got it. Thx!

1 Like

D finally checked after her concert today. She didn’t want to know until after!

D22 accepted.
Physics / LSA
1550 SAT
3.89 weighted? I am never sure.
Dual enrolled at local University fall 21 and this semester for math courses.
2 sports letters, 1 letter for volunteering
In-state
many APs
Can’t remember if you need any other info.

8 Likes

how can i make contact with an admissions officer? i’d love to know when it is likely to know about RD decisions instead of stressing for months

Accepted!!! LSA, OOS competitive public HS from NY metro area

4.0 UW, 98.2 W
1520 SAT (720 R/800 M)
11 APs including calc and physics 1 & C
Top 10ish % of hs class
NM Commended scholar
Good ECs/LOR
Strong why michigan essay

So excited!! GO BLUE :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Deferred from LSA here unfortunately.

About me/Stats/Activities:
OOS - New York
Test optional
99.1/100 weighted GPA
APs: Psychology, US History, World History, English Language and Composition
APs at the moment: Calculus AB, Biology
All honors class if it was not an AP class
National Honors Society
Key Club (Treasurer), a climate change organization (Team Lead), my own online tutoring club (President)
Had a PT job and was a teacher assistant over the summer time.

I would say my essays were good but I do wish I could improve it a bit more looking at it (it was the first essay I wrote so I wasn’t very good at it :frowning: I just sent my ECI. Hopefully all goes well for me.

I think they do them in 3 waves - once a month. the first is 2/18 or around that time…thats what I read