UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My regional admissions counselor basically said that the fin aid and admissions processes are completely separate, so I don’t think so.

Out of state, it is a reach for everyone, even for people who have good stats like you. Don’t expect any aid however for out of state.

They are just trying to line up all their ducks in a row. But it’s always been a curious question right? Just proceed with their inquires and hope for the best. Let us know how it goes

As far as not getting oos financial aid this is a myth. Michigsn does give oos financial aid to those that qualify for it… Oos merit is a different topic

1 Like

Michigan gives financial aid to out of state students, but they don’t necessarily cover the full demonstrated need of those students like they do for in state students and like those OOS students would be offered at other institutions.

It’s not a myth — they are a state flagship committed to their in state students and generating income from OOS. Something like 70% of in state students receive FA, while only 40% of OOS get it. And, again, they meet the full demonstrated need for in state and do not make that same commitment to OOS:

1 Like

Thanks a ton!

Our experience is that usually when financial aid has contacted us, there was an admit soon thereafter. Not sure if that will be the case with you, but it has happened to us a few times already. Good luck!

Go Blue :blue_heart::yellow_heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart::clinking_glasses:

It’s from Ohio State that might hurt bad😁

UMich has many means it has the 9th largest endowment in the country. My daughter an oos has received grants from different entities within the university it’s a matter of involvement but certainly you will not get what in state students get which is a sweet deal

Approximately 30 days until decision time… (unless deferred then more waiting)

Are we excited or nervous?

2 Likes

Nervous. I think it’s just going to be more waiting for D22. She’s in state and it seems like almost everyone from her HS gets deferred from EA and doesn’t get a final answer until March or April.

Do they usually release on a certain day of the week? Last friday of jan?

I’ll quote myself back in Post #60.

2 Likes

@sushiritto
I’m confused. I was sure that EA decisions came out the end of January the last few years?
Your post says they came out in December for U of M?
Maybe they started in 2020? That may be what I am thinking.

This year they said end of January or early February.

Last year for the Class of 2025, during the pandemic, was the 1st January EA release for Michigan. All previous years that I went back and researched were done pre-Xmas including my D18’s in 2017.

Those dates above are accurate is what I’m trying to say. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Weird. I swear my DS got his decision in January 2020 (deferred). I don’t doubt you are right, I def. doubt my memory…

Thanks for info.

D22 had a HAIL interview today.it was around for an hour. She told me, it was more like a discussion.

5 Likes

My D22’s is postponed few times, she will probably have it next week or so.

1 Like

EA decisions for the high school class of 2020 started in December 2019. Many students had their decisions “postponed,” with the next round of decisions (and the first round of Ross decisions) coming in January.