UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I believe March at the earliest, assuming the applicant is accepted in the February RD release.

It happens. Remember CC is a microcosm of the real world. So the earlier getting accepted into lsa the greater chance of a Ross acceptance. But at Michigan you donā€™t need Ross to go into the business world. The non Ross kids do just fine with internships and jobs post graduation.

I received an offer for funding for campus day! Itā€™s so exciting!

Alsoā€”does anyone know when Stamps Scholars nominees will be announced?

2 Likes

congrats broski

1 Like

You have to apply for the scholarship after you are admitted.

Okay, I guess I am finding conflicting information. According to LSA, you apply for the scholarship. According to CoE, itā€™s automatic.

1 Like

ah gotcha! do EA deferrals ever get in the feb release date?

1 Like

According to UMich Stamps website, they come out automatically late-January.

Good news/Bad news/Good news

Good news:
DC accepted CoE
OOS

Bad news:
No merit

Good news:
Without merit, will most likely decline offer :cry:, which will open a spot for someone postponed! :blush::+1:

9 Likes

Iā€™m applying for just LSA and got postponed today. Would it be possible to hear back in February?

Merit award comes later ( Iā€™m not sure when)
Iā€™m in same situation, OOS accepted but no merit communicated today
My S22 CoE & D22 LsA anxiously await the $ details

1 Like

I did the same thing and the admissions counselor of U of M said it doesnā€™t matter at all - they know what you mean :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats really nice. I hope it works out for your kid (I mean the merit award)

1 Like

Wow!! My twin S22 & D22 accepted and we sure could use a travel voucher. Can someone provide more details on who we could contact about that. I donā€™t think my twins have received that email offer.

Hi, I recently got accepted into LSA OOS and had a few questions:

1. Now that Iā€™ve already gotten into the University, am I correct to assume that my residency status would not affect my preferred admissions decision to Ross?

2. When Ross reviews my application, do they only review my Ross portfolio or my UMich application as a whole?

3. I have an IB predicted 43/45, an SAT of 1530, and Math lvl 2 score of 800, what would you think my chances are of getting into Ross, given that I have already gotten through LSA?

4. If I donā€™t get through Ross, is it recommended that I still enroll at UMich and apply as a transfer in the first year?

Postponed (international). A bit disappointed but hoping for the best. Congratulations to all who are accepted!!

My daughter got accepted also. I just wanted to say I know many criticize this holistic approach but I commend it. It shows that they are looking for more than just scores. They are taking time to read those essays. My daughter chose test op too and not because her score was low but because she didnā€™t want to feed into this system of spending hours and money on a test that doesnā€™t indicate who you are but just how you train your brain to pass a test. So when we write stats why donā€™t we also include essay topics or aspects about the school that attracted our children. Letā€™s make it less about parents and more about what the students want for their fit. I know many will
Still carry on with their SAt scores but I hope someone reads this and gets a little confident to believe in themselves and take that extra time to work on their essays or reach out to a staff member in the dept they want to study in and ask questions. Make a human connection with thr school.

15 Likes

does this mean that the EA people who got postponed will receive a decision before the regular slot or will we all get our decision on the same day as the regulars

Hi! Apologies if I offended you or your daughter in any way. The reason for my previous message was simply to get an external individualā€™s objective view on my application. I completely agree that an individualā€™s essays and personality matter as much as, if not more than, their academic record.

1 Like

Hi. To be honest I have not read the replies in the last 6 hours. So I am not reacting to your post. This has been on my mind and I just wanted to share. I feel like there are so many kind and talented students who donā€™t believe in their abilities outside of scoring well or getting all the important ecs on paper. Be who you are and work for what you want. You will go where you are meant to be.

7 Likes