UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Also my daughter doesn’t even come on this. I did because as an educator and parent who has gone through this process I find it interesting to read people’s posts.

3 Likes

I completely agree!:+1:

1 Like

S22 - Postponed OOS
UWGPA 4.0 - W GPA 4.8
LSA_ Biology
9 AS and A Levels (IGCSE Cambridge)
Predicted 3A*, 2 A and 1 B
Many EC with community volunteering and debate leadership.
Exceptional LORs.
SAT Optional (1310)

Had already gotten admission at EA Baylor in Jan (Pre Medicne) with Merit Scholarship.
Have to say the AO at Baylor was exceptional with answering questions and trying to make a case for son to join there. UMICH AO was almost non existent.

1 Like

@sushiritto @Knowsstuff

Apologize in advance because the info is probably here somewhere but is the regular decision pool typically larger or smaller than the Early Action pool? Not accounting for applicants who are deferred…

I assume RD pool should be bigger than EA pool.

For deferred kids, if the notification dates are 3 waves of 2/18,3/18 and 4/15. Does that mean when they completed reviewing a large group of applications then they will release the result for the the 1st wave. Then they will do the second wave.

A bit off-topic, but I was accepted to LSA and I still did not receive an email from them. Has this happened to anyone else?

I think, based on what I’ve read on past threads, RD acceptances come in waves that sort of follow Ross decision patterns (that’s where the dates you have referenced come from). But rejections don’t start coming until April.

Up thread, someone said to just assume you won’t hear until April to save your sanity since someone else getting accepted in Feb or March doesn’t necessarily mean anything about your decision.

She’s a layback type of person and didn’t tell me where exactly she wanna go to. When I suggested to withdraw UMich, she said I don’t have a legitimate reason for her to do so. Sounds like she doesn’t wanna let go.

Varada,
My understanding of what @sushiritto said up-thread is that they release RD decisions in waves - typically on the same days as Ross decisions (in mid Feb, mid Mar, mid Apr - Sushiritto posted exact dates above). And postponed EA applicants should hear on those dates along with RD applicants.

2 Likes

Can someone clear this up for the postponed students - on the portal it states clearly that Michigan only wants the 250 word LOCI, and no other submissions will be accepted. Is this accurate? I have another recommendation to send if needed.

My daughter finally checked her decision last night - postponed.
She was fully expecting that and her GC had prepared her well, so she’s fine with it.

But now, the wait continues… :unamused:

4 Likes

So congrats. Everything gets sent to Ross with portfolio and reviewed.

At Michigan you don’t need Ross to go into business. Many go into business, get great internships and job offers without Ross. But if you have to go to a business school then you have a choice to make.

Very hard to get merit at Michigan. Try but don’t expect it to be They do give oos financial aid.

1 Like

It is offered to specific attendees but if you need help with finances call the admissions office and see what they suggest. They might have something for people that financially qualify. Not sure.

@Knowsstuff is it likely for any applicants deferred from EA to hear back in february? also, is there a way to instant chat with admissions officers with questions? i believe i saw someone do it but i’m not sure how

EA estimate is 55,000 and add another 25,000 for the RD pool. This is only an estimate and not factual but I bet is close.

2 Likes

Thank you!

oh alright, thank you so much

1 Like

There is always a chance. Years ago many were accepted right after the EA selections.

I would go to the admissions page and see where the chat is located Contact Us | University of Michigan Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Think it’s Monday - Friday.