UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Hmm. First time poster and conspiracy theory already. Not happening today and if your from a top feeder you would know people don’t get rejected from top feeders ea. They might get deferred but not today.

hey man just wanted to contribute to the thread. not putting any conspiracy out there I don’t gain anything from this. it’s the truth and you can ask other students from these schools if you’d like

wait do you know if that’s true. if I’m from one of these schools it’s impossible for me to get rejected? Cuz for our school 130 ppl got admitted from our school in 2021 but idk how many ppl applied so I’m still worried that I’ll get rejected that’s I’m stalking these threads lol. I mean the rejections are true as far as I know but I just heard about them from my friends.

look at this link for 2021. It gives Applied, admitted, then enrolled for each of the top schools.

2 Likes

thank u!!

I sometimes wonder if these chats are run by AI bots for the universities. And people who make unintelligent comments or attach 2019 data and claim that they are 2020 are deferred or denied. Or spell the plural of Ivy as Ivy’s.

1 Like

Purdue just did.

4 Likes

UT Austin just did as well.

2 Likes

Any reason it couldn’t come out Monday the 31st?

My guess is it came out on the 29th last year, so we’re speculating it’ll be the same.

I don’t think it ever has before. Usually Friday afternoon and a occasional Wed… But anything can happen not doubt it

1 Like

NP but every year someone comes on and says their counselor or cousin, or teacher, or friends dog walker… Say’s it’s coming out. I promise you you will know when it is coming out.

I am sure maybe someone totally not qualified gets rejected but someone with the stats and especially instate would be rare. But getting deferred is very common. Regardless what school you go to. Good Luck.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll pencil in the 29th. Along with GT confirmed on the 29th and Wisconsin/Maryland that are “by” 1/31 and 2/1. Could be an interesting weekend.

4 Likes

Michigan does love Fridays. It’s definitely a “high frequency” type day for releases.

But no absolutes, as soon as we say Friday, Michigan will surprise you/us.

4 Likes

Schools often release on Fridays later in the day. Gives denies a few days to cool down so they aren’t blowing up the phones.

2 Likes

There is a former UMich admission counselor turned private college admissions coach who on her business fb page said her best guess for UMich release would be 1/28. She is no longer at UMich, but she seems to have a pulse on the ins and outs of UMich admissions. I’m going with her on the date, but my son will check his portal on 1/21 anyway;)

2 Likes

I’m a current student and I’d say my best guess from previous years would also be 1/28.

1 Like

It’s almost like it isn’t really early action anymore but all you can do is wait it out. The worst is a deferral for months out.

2 Likes

Fascinating. Our high school in CA has more applicants than almost any other school outside MI. Crazy! Thanks for sharing.

Our rumor mill is saying EA decisions out on Jan 27