UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

So far, it seems like only in-state LSA and CoE? Is that correct?

1 Like

Go to r/applyingtocollege, then megathreads, then michigan.

1 Like

I think today is likely only good news for anyone who received news. Hope she looks soon!

1 Like

Does this eliminate a chance of an early March release wave for OOS?

No. But I find it very interesting that only in-state acceptances, I think, were released today. I’m sure most, if not all, of this process is automated, so does this mean in-state yield-to-date is down?

any bad news released today?

Have they done this before? Where they’ve only done in-state decisions one day and OOS some other day?
Or maybe there will be some OOS decisions going out later in the evening?

The people who I know all submitted the ECI very early, not sure if this is the case for everyone.

This is unusual. As I mentioned earlier, there was the 2020 (Class of 2024) release, when the pandemic first hit, when Michigan admitted “only” (here on CC) OOS admits. But typically, it’s a mix. At least here on CC.

If it’s solely in-state COE, I wonder if it is a “holy s… we postponed some of our most likely to attend engineers and they’re now falling in love with other elite options!”

Cruel is the wrong word, but somewhat deaf to teenager (and parent!) psyche is really becoming a thing for UM.

1 Like

lol I had that thread up but sorted wrong, so nothing new was showing up. I see them now - thanks so much. :crazy_face:

Looks like there have been LSA admits too today

I wonder now, if they’ve decided to biforcate (separate instate and OOS) the admissions process. Let’s see if anyone OOS posts a decision, although they’re all acceptances as far as I/we can tell.

No change/update for this in-state nursing applicant (postponed EA)

We have many Kinesiology (or Nursing) applicants here on CC, anyone admitted today, in-state or OOS?

She’s in!!!

51 Likes

So no one from OOS got news today?

1 Like

Cruel to everyone who applied EA but that’s the way it is…It will actually make it easier for my daughter to hit the accept button on a T10 offer in an hour if she does not hear anything from UMich by then…She really had her heart set on Michigan but time is ticking and not hearing today would make it a huge gamble for her :frowning:

Congrats to your daughter!

She may be the only one accepting for that school with a huge disappointment because she did not hear back yet from UMich…I guess part of lessons of life…