UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Well congrats to all today. Definitely a different spin. Michigan changed it up.

1 Like

Congrats again - amazing accomplishment! Come back and visit us here when you are feeling calm and need a dose of anxiety. :hugs:

4 Likes

Congratulations, you must be one proud daddyđŸ‘đŸŒ

1 Like

One more waitlist addition to my daughter’s list. UIUC

Hopkins is a great school! Congrats!

It’s a very kind gesture. I know others do not feel this way, but we have encouraged this with DD22.

2 Likes

Such a strange process. What’s the point of giving kids the opportunity to apply early if you’re going to make them wait anyway?

4 Likes

For the Parents of Class of 2021 (last year), we had a virtual “waitlist bar.” There were just a ton a WL’ers last year.

1 Like

That’s terrible.
I wish Ivy Day Is earlier so that the students who got accepted by the ivies can withdraw their apps from other colleges.

2 Likes

This, this, this. Ivy day being mid or early March would clear the decks for everyone. I suspect Ivy yield would remain somewhat static, and most other very competitive schools would see yield skyrocket and would have a much better sense of class makeup.

3 Likes

Thing #1 hasn’t bothered to look for notices from UofM today, but then he has been pretty chill about the whole process. I’ll ask him to check tomorrow.

Did anyone who got their decisions from umich who are from Oakland county, Michigan?

We are from in state too and was wondering since our area kids didn’t get anything yet

I’m wondering if the release was geographical for whatever reason? Nobody in my school and none of the people I know from surrounding schools got a decision today. (I’m in-state as well)

1 Like

D22 was accepted!!!

Applied EA. Postponed 1/28. Accepted 2/25.

In state
COE
4.0 UW
1460 (750M)

22 Likes

Congratulations to all those who were admitted today. Very happy for you :blush:

3 Likes

No. She had the HAIL interview back in December which did not go well. I was worried but people here told me that interview had no impact on decision at all.

Her ECI and mid-year report were submitted about a week after the postponement. I think her strong 7th semester grades carried her through the finish line. She earned A’s and A+'s for all her classes including 3 APs - Physics C Mechanics, AP German, and AP CSP. In the ECI, she talked about the Engineering Tour she went in December, why she wants to be an engineer, what Michigan Engineering attracts her the most, and stated that Michigan is her first choice.

2 Likes

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your daughter!! :blue_heart:

6 Likes

Congrats to all who heard good news today! We are OOS and heard nothing/saw no change in portal, but kiddo was accepted at UIUC so we’re good. I actually didn’t see anyone OOS hear today so maybe the focus was on in-state.

10 Likes

Congratulations ! That is amazing news