UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

im oos from california and everyone who got accepted to michigan last year got accepted in the 2nd wave. Does michigan decide who is in what wave based on geography or was that just a coincidence?

My daughter from California was accepted to LSA in January and to Ross in the first Ross wave in February.

2 Likes

I agree with your message- not your sources.
You included sites that make money off redirects to ranked schools’ links instead of referencing legitimate rankings with transparent methodology, i.e., we don’t exactly knows it # 8 in. Is it outcome, student profile, school resources,

This would be a very strong pairing. My son’s economics friends had great internship /job offers. You don’t need Ross at Michigan to go into business. I have said this over and over.

2 Likes

How’s this in a world rank?

University of Michigan Department of Economics Ranked as One of the Top 15 Universities in the World for Economics | U-M LSA Department of Economics.

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-humanities-schools/university-of-michigan-ann-arbor-170976

yes, precisely my point- legitimate source w/ transparent methodology;
“These subject-specific rankings – which are not of academic majors, departments or specific schools at universities, such as business or medical schools – are based on academic research performance in those subjects. U.S. News used various bibliometric measures, including publications and citations, as well as indicators for global and regional reputation in each specific subject.”

Respectfully - perhaps the topic of UMich Econ rankings warrants its own separate thread?

3 Likes

A few things.

The sources that I linked all come to the same conclusion; which is the Economics Dept. is fantastic. Paid or not paid. So, IMO, I don’t care. I quickly googled, because generally every dept or school is ranked high at Michigan.

You’re critical of my post/sources, but offer no sources of your own. Zero.

Lastly, I included USNWR (yes, grad ranking, but undergrad benefits), Niche and QS, which I thought are credible sources.

Anyway back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I love getting attacked on the Internet. So much fun. :joy:

1 Like

It is not clear why you think I was “attacking”- certainly not my intent. I said I agree with the conclusion but merely suggested questionable sources were unnecessarily being cited to support argument. Because I was not refuting your claim, I saw no reason for me to “offer any sources”.
You are an excellent source of information on this thread. Franky, I am surprised to hear you say you do not care about the credibility of the sites you provided. I suspect this was a dismissive comment & not literally true.
I apologize if you were offended by my comments regarding these links- again not my intent

3 Likes

On a lighter note, how about that :part_alternation_mark::basketball: tonight??:rofl::rofl:

And thanks to everyone for all their kind info on this thread. Always helpful.

4 Likes

The fact that more of the rejections / waitlists are in the later waves makes me think that they aren’t all geographical.

1 Like

Gotta have thick skin to be here as long as we have :wink::rofl:. Don’t tell him one of my sources was from 2014
 :wink:Shh.!

Anyway
 Michigan men’s basketball is destroying MSU
 They gotta do this every game. :basketball:

1 Like

Just to state the obvious. Many discussions about Econ, Ross, engineering, nursing, Stamps, etc etc.

Michigan has like 50 majors ranked consistently in the top 10.

I will just about guarantee you that if your kids are accepted and put some effort in being at school and get involved. They will have excellent outcomes with internships /job offers.

Its a rare public school that runs like a private school being an international brand. Yes, International.

They will do just fine.

3 Likes

Have any nursing students heard about decisions?

I was deferred for nursing in early action. I saw a few people accepted in January but mostly in state. According to the UMich Class of 2025 discussion, quite a few nursing students heard in the March 5 waves and then a lot in end of March and early April waves.

Yes, when my kid was accepted that’s the first thing I noticed. We have no experience with UM and didn’t visit due to Covid. For a kid who doesn’t know what they want to do, it’s perfect. Any major is highly ranked.

1 Like

It’s also intimidating to many. Organized and motivated students will soar. But we know of many disorganized (let’s be honest
I’d bet most of us were that way at 18/19) students, or students who weren’t really sure what interested them, that were overwhelmed upon matriculating at UM. Several transferred, several eventually found their footing, and a couple just had bad experiences that they muddled through.

We’ve had the conversation with our D that if she were to gain admittance to LSA (and not Ross) and decided to attend
she at least needed to have a basic roadmap for her studies.

4 Likes

Yep. Just can’t go wrong plus Michigan supports it. Switch majors, add minors, create your own thing
 It’s all supported. My son graduated in engineering with 2 minors. All 3 in the top 7
kinda cool.

3 Likes

Hi! Do any of you know what time the LSA honors decisions come back today?

2 Likes