UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

same!

same. back to origial one.

Last year was a special case .our daughter was deferred three years ago around mid December than a few weeks later got accepted .
I’m guessing our younger one will have to wait til end of January .it is what is and with the increase in applications we would rather have them consider each candidate holistically

1 Like

I’m guessing if it doesn’t say missing final transcripts, probably means deferred, right?

1 Like

Does your portal look different? Has something changed?

I don’t even see final transcript (missing or otherwise) anywhere on portal. Where is it?

I never checked earlier this morning, so I’m not sure if I ever got the blank screen, but my portal looks normal right now.

5 Likes

Did anyone’s portal change? Mine still looks the same as before

1 Like

Early this morning/late last night, our portals changed. But, they appear to be back to normal. Not sure what it means, though (if anything at all).

2 Likes

In years past, do they give warning of decision coming out? Days before? Day of? TIA

2 Likes

I could also be messing up different schools’ portals, but I also seem to remember there being an additional box with an outstanding “final transcripts required” note on my daughter’s home screen. Kicking myself for not screenshotting each of these portals! Or I could just stand by like a normal person and not look for fleeting signs and just 
 wait!!! Deep breaths. :smile:

3 Likes

I do not see a portal change at Login
Is there a different url?

I think the change was only for a few hours.

It would appear from the above posts that you have received all the notice that you’re going to get. :smile:

As I mentioned way back, Michigan will sometimes tweet the day of the EA release. Sometimes, but not last year.

1 Like

Do you think they have already uploaded the results in the system and they now need to just hit the release button?

IMO, deferred and postponed is the same thing. And no, postponed is NOT a soft rejection. A huge chunk of the acceptances will be from the pool of postponed applicants.

I think, and I can only guess based on prior years, that they’re uploading now. It’s probably a several day process, because they have several schools (e.g., CoE, LSA, Nursing, Kinesiology, etc.), which may be uploading their decisions separately.

2 Likes

I seem to remember for the incoming class in 2020, students temporarily had a “pay deposit now” button that others didn’t have. Those that had that button appear and disappear ended up getting accepted. @sushiritto and @Knowsstuff can confirm about these hacks/soft signs that come up every year.

1 Like

My portal has changed again. It was saying - Application Management and which school/major and then the same page.

I can’t remember the “pay deposit now” button one, but you’re right, there does seem to be hacks/soft signs that do come up each year. I almost thought @Goose15 had one.

The “X” next to the final transcript was a classic. When my D was accepted and in prior years, there were the disappearing tabs in Wolverine Access.

1 Like