UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Ugh I’m sorry! Best of luck to her with her other apps. I’m sure she was qualified and will end up where she is meant to be. :heart:

3 Likes

yes, in portal, the letter dated March 04 (no email)

I wouldn’t make that assumption–or even an assumption that there was a wave at all. As I noted above (referencing an early post by @sushiritto), RD announcemnts have come as late as midnight in years past.

Were there any lsa acceptances?

Any decisions for nursing students?

D’s text just now… “This is why we all hate Michigan these days. EVERY other school tells me when to log in. I log in, am happy or sad, then chill either way. But these &&!! have us clicking away in the parking lot, stressing everyone out because they can’t do one basic thing and give us a time and a date. I’m done. Let me know when decisions r out and ill check then”

13 Likes

No change to my daughter’s portal. She was deferred from LSA in the EA round, status still shows deferred right now.

You can assume that you can’t assume anything when it comes to college admissions.

At this point are there not going to be any decisions released?

Decisions will definitely be released…by early April.

4 Likes

so annoying

1 Like

So one decision here on CC and none on Reddit… not much of a “wave.”

Totally agree! It’s not that hard to just give people notice.

Who are the & &!! who told her to click away in the parking lot?

I mean, other than people on this forum.

There’s an awful lot of angst on here from people who are really ticked off that U-M’s actions don’t align with the baseless speculation of anonymous strangers on the internet.

3 Likes

Reminds me of sour grapes story. It’s an unexplained indefinite wait.

1 Like

Her dad.

1 Like

Some musical theater decisions came out . They started those (very few) phone calls yesterday….

2 Likes

I mean, how much time have you spent around 18 yr old girls?? lol. They’re going to stress about this, and they’re going to go off of historical timelines, their own guidance counselors giving them best estimates, etc. Every other school provides updates ahead of time. So while there may be stress attached, they know in advance of when the portal will populate and when it will load.

The angst comes from the fact that Michigan has chosen to be less transparent than just about every other top flight school, and choose to SUPRISE students will waves or no waves.

13 Likes

Honestly I’m super frustrated too. Not that decisions didn’t come out today but rather the ambiguity.

I understand that them saying “by early April” is definitely a timeline. However, it becomes complicated when other people are posting about their acceptances and denials and there’s no change to some applications.

I wasn’t expecting news today so it’s ok. That being said, every other school gave us days notice of the date and time or release of decisions. Even schools larger than U of M.

If it wasn’t for the knowledge and research of this community, I never would’ve checked my portal at 3pm on January 28th.

This is beyond frustrating. At this point I’m not going to check my portal until early April.

5 Likes

Any thoughts on 5:00?

1 Like