UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Err… were you accepted to UMich-Flint or UMich-Dearborn by any chance? I know you are able to create a Uniqname once you’re accepted to either of those institutions but to my knowledge Ann Arbor students can only create one once they pay the deposit.

You can create a friends account, which will give you access. The directions are on the portal.

Does everyone else have the lsa honors application thing on their friend account? Saw some people talking about it on reddit.

I have a Friend account but I get an error, “Canvas doesn’t have an account for user: myemail@domain.com”. Are you able to log into Canvas with a Friend account?

I have the LSA honors application but when I click on it is says currently unavailable. Is this different from yours?

Yes

I’ve always been able to though

if you click on my scholarship profile in the new & prospective student center, does it give u a list of all the possible scholarships

it’s under the heading that says financial aid

saw someone on zeemee say her college counselor has “insider info” that decisions will be released Friday … with the processing screen up this morning, this is pretty believable!

3 Likes

https://enrollmentconnect.umich.edu/apply/status

When I go to your link, I get the same thing but if I remove everything after “status” I get the same page I have been getting at the same three-column menu.

My daughter did have a different page last night similar to this one but with “Early action decisions are currently being processed. You will receive an email when your decision has been released, no later than the end of January.” It also had the info for the withdrawal form. (as shown above from @ChiTownMom1

With these portal changes, I think the decisions will come out this week. As @sushiritto has said, historically the decisions come out on Wednesdays or Fridays, and Fridays have been the more recent day to release. I say Friday, but will happily take Wednesday!

Good luck to everyone!

6 Likes

hey all – does anyone know how important the CoE HAIL interviews are? My S22 OOS did not get an interview. He’s got a solid profile (4.45W GPA, 1560 SAT (800M), great ECs, solid Essays and Recs, and legacy dad '89), but wondering if no-HAIL means anything.

It’s his #1 school…fingers crossed.

1 Like

I’ve read D22 and S22 in multiple threads…can someone tell me what it means?

Son and Daughter applying for the class entering fall 2022

1 Like

It actually means son/daughter graduating HS in 2022.

1 Like

Read some threads, they all got high SAT scores, my S22 only got SAT1400, ACT33 and GPA4.78. Does that mean he has a very little chance to get in? Also, we don’t live in Michigan. I heard UM enroll lot of local students. Is that right?

Interviews at UMich CoE are informative, not evaluative. So they’re not used in the admissions decision at all. They only serve to help applicants learn more about the college if they wish to.

So in other words, zero impact of not doing an interview.

1 Like

If you take a look at Michigan’s Common Data Set there’s a ton of useful information. C7 includes their selection criteria (Geographical location is ‘Considered’), C9 summarizes the freshman profile so you can compare your, or your child’s, SATs, ACTs, Grades, etc. with the applicant pool, and F1 tells you the number of out-of-state first year freshman (45%) and out-of-state undergrads to get a sense for their admission decisions and undergrad geographical diversity.

8 Likes

My two older children got into UMich with lesser stats than your son for this reason I really do believe UMich looks more holistically at each student. We are also OOS. Our oldest was even admitted to the honors college. Both my kids had very active leadership position type extracurriculars and my guess is that those helped them in the admission process. In general UMich is just a hard school to get into for even amazingly bright students. We have a third child in this wave of admissions and even with his competitive stats we feel like it is a huge reach just because of the low admission rate…there are so many awesome kids, like our kids, and only a few spots available.

3 Likes

Like this message if you are applying as a UMich Legacy!! Go Blue!

14 Likes