UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I’m not sure that the “same 6-7 people echo chamber” that is this forum is necessarily a great read on what’s happening.

1 Like

Counter to counter: if that’s the case then then don’t need to “accept… see who commits” since they should already know what that percentage is.

1 Like

Totally agree. My S22 has had same experience with UVA.

It’s not a “great read,” but it’s the read we have. We all know CC is a small sample size. No new news there.

It’s anecdotal, but certainly some large in-state feeder HS’s were overlooked and no one reported any OOS decisions here or Reddit. That’s all the info we have to go on.

CC members can always re-visit the posts up thread from around Friday 2/25 and make their own “great read.”

Sorry, I can’t respond to a post that I don’t understand. But I’m moving on. Members can come to their own conclusions.

2 Likes

Yeah, well she apparently completely backtracked on that this morning. GC said AO emails have now been “I don’t know when we’re releasing…by early April”. Maybe AO was admonished, maybe AO was being told something that didn’t occur, maybe AO was somewhat out of the loop and guessing to GC, etc. GC is not one to offer false hope or guess with students. While she never specifically told our D it was coming, she clearly signalled she had reason to believe. Turns out, for whatever reason, that was not accurate.

Guessing maybe not that many Haas this year :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow; it seems this is spot on! I suspected yield decreased last year due to test-optional madness, however, a quick comparison of F17 & F21 CDS reflect the same yield- 45% despite applications increasing 23% from ~ 65,000 to ~ 80,000.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what are the chances that I receive any merit aid as an out of state CoE student? And if the CoE does give out merit aid, what should I expect? There’s a lot more information online regarding LSA scholarships and not so much about the CoE

2 Likes

Thank you for not “killing me” leaving out NY Stern, Gies and many others that I didn’t list. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Accepted on their birthday

I thought last week release is only for in-state students

Wave tomorrow? What did I miss

In state yield of 70% at UM? No way

Call the department and ask. Merit is very rare but financial aid can happen.

1 Like

Way. :grinning:

OK, found it.

Take a look at the Graph “2.2.2 Yield Rates for New Undergraduate First-Year and Transfer Students, Fall 2020-2020.”

In-state yields are fairly constant around 70%. OOS yields recently hover around 30%. The average yield is 45% as of the 2021-2022 CDS.

https://obp.umich.edu/wp-content/uploads/pubdata/almanac/Almanac_Ch2_Mar2021.pdf

1 Like

After looking at page 13 I’m :skull:. Good luck guys, I’m out.

1 Like

I’m impressed sushi. Our academic research team studies grade inflation. No way out.

Thanks so much for the response! I’ll definitely look into it. Good luck to you/your kids!