UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

If you do get waitlisted does anyone know when that decision comes out?

Any time through the summer.

1 Like

My niece is in the UK and applied to her five schools back in the fall. She has heard back from two with acceptances thus far. Still waiting for the rest. Of course all is dependent on A levels in June. And we complain about ACT/SAT here. She has type 1 and if she isn’t feeling well, that could really mess up her shot at preferred University.

UCLA waitlisted 15,000 in 2021-2022, and very few applicants come off that WL. Cal (Berkeley) offered 12,000 a WL spot. So it’s not just Michigan.

While there’s always “summer melt,” and some potential for an anomaly of some kind (e.g., pandemic), offering 10,000-15,000 does seem a little nutzo to me too.

Seen here on CC, Michigan’s WL admitted offers typically have been made anywhere from April to July.

2 Likes

Well, the good news is that the folks in the admissions office won’t be distracted by any basketball games tomorrow
 or maybe over the next few weeks.

PS - If I were a Michigan applicant from Indiana, I’d hate to have my application in an AO’s hand today or tomorrow.

4 Likes

The conditional offers are nerve racking, and I’m not sure how we’ll handle if she ends up firming at a UK school (with having a US back-up). That’s a tomorrow problem she says.

Good luck to your niece - is she also applying to US schools?

1 Like

that second half was so painful to watch

1 Like

Ahh, no way. Last I looked, they were up by 13 at half. Unbelievable.

On the brighter side of Michigan sports, the wrestling team just won the B1G title. But as my Penn State alum buddy says, only the NCAA’s count.

And Michigan’s women’s gymnastics team, the defending national champion and #3 ranked, is taking on Auburn this Saturday. And Suni Lee, the all-around gold medalist from the Olympics “plays” for Auburn.

No, given she would have to purchase health insurance and if she worked here would be a job loss away from not having insulin coverage via insurance they are not even considering it. Good luck to yours.
My DD is anxiously awaiting Michigan (we are instate) and Syracuse where she would get a tuition exchange scholarship ($40K) plus any merit. We were surprised that she did not get into Michigan as she got a 35 ACT and is a multiple varsity athlete and accomplished figure skater. Syracuse is far and my spouse would have to work another four years instead of one or two. So we are hoping for Michigan. Her school is a top feeder with 50% normally accepted and they said they are on track for the same this year.

1 Like

Good luck to your DD!!! Hoping it all works out so she can stay close to home!

2 Likes

Ugh. No Ross tour for us tomorrow. I guess their computer system still shows DD22 as pending for Ross.

If you can try to get connected to a current Ross student to take you around. (I don’t know any or I’d offer to help connect) we toured UM this fall before they re-opened the “official” on campus tours and had a current Junior take us all over - we went into Ross and met with her friends there who showed us the school and answered questions. We also met with LSA Communications major (my DD’s focus) which was great.
HAVE A GREAT VISIT!!!

Thank you! I hope this doesn’t mean their computer system is showing “no offer”!

I am so stupidly stressed about our campus tour tomorrow. I don’t know why I thought he would have had a decision by now, so if (likely) rejected we could cancel for someone else. I’m sure a rejection will temporarily deflate me more than him, but I’d hate for him to suddenly get pumped and then be rejected an hour later. I really only scheduled the tour to “demonstrate interest” because my son blows off all the online/social media interactions.

Yes, I’m being a Negative Nellie, but that’s the kind of month it’s been. I just can’t get motivated to go to campus tomorrow!

Please don’t stress, everything works out the way it’s supposed to. For what it’s worth, my twins were accepted on 3/1 and are more stressed that they don’t want to go

It’s also very cold! You’re instate, right? Chances are very good.

2 Likes

Totally agree

Even though it’s not always the answer I want to hear :rofl:

Ego, and ego

pending is better than rejected. keeping fingers crossed for you. next batch is 3/18 for Ross, right? good luck!

1 Like

I don’t know that I’d worry about a rejection happening tomorrow. Have rejections been issued in the Feb & March waves before? The only kids I know of who were rejected were rejected in the first round of EA (and that was back in December 2019) and in the final wave in April.