UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Not if she gets into Ross. She’s still adamant about Ross even though the LSA presentation was fantastic.

So, no decisions release today?

Yet they keep releasing in waves at unpredictable intervals. So it’s natural to ask “when is the next wave?”. Plenty of other colleges say “by early April”, “by end March”, or similar. But then they don’t have waves so no one gets all worked up. And oh yes, they also usually announce the actual date a few days or weeks ahead.

2 Likes

I’m still not sure how.

I mean, how many people actually click “Enroll Now” immediately upon getting accepted?

Residential Learning Communities. There is also only one kosher dining option and it’s on main campus (South Quad)

1 Like

They’ve always said early April.

deleted

This is a very real possibility and one of the reasons I’m not as keen - I hate picturing kids waiting in the freezing cold for the long bus ride going back and forth to campus

Why is anyone getting worked up? Anything before April would be great but should not be expected. They’ve already admitted the kids they wanted for early action.

First, I would speculate that there are a whole bunch of people. Second, the other question to ask is “how many people get tired of waiting and withdraw their applications?” I’d guess there are a whole bunch of those people too.

I did a “study” a couple years ago and found that it’s probably a 60/40 proposition to get Central Campus or The Hill and not North Campus.

Many, many pages ago, someone mentioned that if you’re Jewish and desire to keep Kosher and be near Hillel, then state as such in your housing app. Otherwise, one of the LLC’s, Honors, etc.

Honestly, just my opinion, the Ross class is relatively small, and it’s classes are very centric to the Ross building, Michigan may place her there anyway.

I’d study the housing website and make sure whatever option is available on/at North Campus, then choose the exact opposite configuration. :laughing:

1 Like

Nothing for me so far.

So thought I had a sign. Saw some college kid walking around Washington DC with a Michigan shirt on and I said “Go Blue and he said” Thank you “:thinking:
So I told him he has to say” Go Blue "back… Kids these days… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Because of the unpredictable waves as I mentioned.

Anyway, to quote the great sage @sushiritto - we have tilled this soil.
So I’m moving on.

5 Likes

What us the hesitation with north campus?

1 Like

anyone who has kids at michigan… what are the best dorms to stay in? i’ve heard mixed reviews and i was looking for a second opinion just incase it works out for my D22

My opinion? South, East and West Quads on Central. Alice Lloyd, Mojo, Couzens or Stockwell on the The Hill.

3 Likes

A 10-15 minute bus ride to Central Campus.

2 Likes

EVERY year (including this one), there have been multiple waves of decisions released before the timeframe announced by Michigan. So, if people are expecting additional waves, it’s because the school’s actions have created those expectations. Actions speak louder than words.

6 Likes

Weren’t you just complaining about waves again? So I responded. Why are you expecting waves? It says early April if they do it in waves that’s their choice, until early April there is no reason to EXPECT anything else. They’ve admitted who they wanted to admit via EA. It’s very unfortunate kids did not get the results they wanted. Would a flat out rejection have been better?