UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

As I mentioned, it was snowing in A2 today. D FaceTimed me while she was walking back to her apartment. So, YOU students, call your parents while you walk home in the snow, the walk will go much faster.

5 Likes

They do but you can walk it just as fast. I have done it. The busses have really been on time and they keep doing time studies to improve it… We live in a major city so it’s just par for the course. Seems like people that don’t use mass transit make a bigger deal out of it. My son and his friends went back and forth all the time.

1 Like

So that frustration should be with the guidance counselor, not U-M.

One of the nicest places on campus and up by the Hill. Very chill to study at.

https://mbgna.umich.edu/nichols-arboretum/

2 Likes

never said it was with UM. i just find it frustrating that there is a lack of transparency across the board. thank you for your input though.

Love it. Used to play frisbee with a bunch of buddies on that lawn.

1 Like

I did some other things with buddies in the arb, and we loved it too. :wink:

1 Like

Anxious to know if the results are out, will ask DS to chk his portal then

That too :wink: Shhh before the mods get mad…there are children on this forum.

3 Likes

Our son attends a public high school, which is one of the top feeders into UofM. Just on my son’s Robotics team, two students were accepted into UofM’s engineering program last year. His GC has been terrific, spending nearly two hours with S22 his freshman year to map out all his classes for the remaining three years so he would have the necessary STEM classes to be competitive for engineering programs. She reviewed his essays and recommended schools for his application list. Kudos to our public HS teachers, GCs and leadership.

3 Likes

Anyone?

You guys are funny. But seriously. Just pointing out advantages to the Hill area. Nice river, beautiful there.

On North you see Deer walking to classes and my son walked by a man made Lake /pond and beautiful trees and deer :deer::palm_tree::christmas_tree::deer::deer::deer::deer:… Not gonna see that on Central. Plus it’s very chill. When your a stressed out engineering student, having a chill environment is a good thing. He’s friends came over all the time and he went there. It’s like their grown up adults at this point​:wink::deer:

1 Like

Michigan lets deer take classes?

I’ve heard of encouraging diversity, but that’s taking things a little too far!

3 Likes

What do you think people mean when they post “My D22…”

4 Likes

Daughter will be attending college in fall 2022

Michigan is all inclusive

So funny…I first learned these acronyms on BabyCenter when I was pregnant with DD22 (dear daughter class of 22). 18 years later, they are back as we stalk this thread for clues for decision waves!

7 Likes

Or, continuing on with @throwaway199 and @ucscuuw, perhaps
:deer:22.
:woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

YES! Me too… referring to unborn and newborn son as DS on BabyCenter, a first support group for parents :slight_smile: So funny to come back to it 18 year later!

3 Likes

The West and South; East is very nice, too! However my DH alum swears by Mojo!

1 Like