UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Is there a reason for you to think Ross decisions come out Friday?

That is official. Ross BBA has announced 3 decision release dates via their blog: 2/18, 3/18 and 4/15.

2 Likes

So because 3/18 is one of their announced days, does that make it more than likely there will be a general decision wave on that day too?

thanks

1 Like

I wouldn’t use the phrase “more than likely” and Michigan’s admissions dept. in the same sentence. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sure, an RD release could happen this Friday 3/18, but as far as the likelihood? No clue.

Sounds like a big wave for 4/15. I have my doubts about a general wave by 3/18.

1 Like

Seriously, if Michigan waits until 4/15 to release RD, then they’ll be releasing to an “empty room.”

20 Likes

Is there any way to extrapolate a guess as to how many students they’ve accepted so far? At least to LSA/CoE.

1 Like

Most of schools will release on the last week of March. 4/15 is too late.

2 Likes

Just asking if by chance, they release acceptance information, this week or when they do closer to that April 1st date. Will we then have to wait a few weeks after that for finical aid information?

Just asking as it would be nice to know where you stand finically sooner then later. But I get it, you have you have until May the 1st to accept. It would be nice know to see where you stand and have this process wrapped up in early April-At least I am thinking that

So your saying there’s a chance lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It took a week for me to get my financial aid package for early action at UMich.

3 Likes

I think there is a chance that UM is running out the clock intentionally. Petrified of over-enrolling, protective of their yield like no other public uni, and overwhelmed with a record number of applications, kicking the can to the end of the road would allow them to cherry-pick a class.

Would it be disingenuous and borderline cruel to the applicants? Yes. Are they creating a future where just about every OOS guidance counselor is going to talk a student out of seeing UM as one of their top choices- regardless of quality of the institution? Yes. (You can argue that “they say by April 1!” all you want, but the much better counter-argument is simply…that should only be for RD. If you EA, you deserve a decision in the normal time frame. Postponement from UM is not a decision, since the vast majority of OOS qualified candidates receive that status and then need to do a few dances to prove how much they love UM…but I digress from the point I wanted to make).

I’m personally invested in this decision because of the time I’ve spent on this forum, the fact that I feel bad for all of the students UM has ignored without any explanation as to why things have changed from historical precedent, and a general sadness for how the college app process has continually devolved without regard for students and their mental health.

Thankfully, D has moved on. All of her other apps are about ready to reach decision stage (in normal and/or shared timelines that gel with past cycles), and with many it feels like they’re courting her. So while her GC believes she’s likely to receive an acceptance based on the fact that students in her range have an extremely high rate of acceptance to UM from her HS, unless she is miraculously accepted to UM and then Ross within the next two weeks it’s completely off her list. We have all three weekends in April lined up to travel to visit schools, and she said no to Ann Arbor as an option once we hear from all. Oh well.

I’ve felt for all seniors going through the app cycle this year. It’s always been stressful, but with the new world of college applications it seems to be even more so this year. Our D applied to mid-teens. Literally every other school has been informative or on-schedule with their decisions. So yes, I’m angry at UM because until our D broke up with them it caused a lot of additional stress.

18 Likes

Maybe it’s more stressful if the school is a solid target for an applicant and they just want confirmation. It being a high reach for us makes it a little easier and I was kinda relieved there were no decisions last Friday. But yeah, the uncertainty isn’t fun, but we’ve had other schools be super vague and contradictory about decision times too, so UM isn’t the only one.

2 Likes

Everyone had it listed for DD22 as a fit. I was not aware that EA was not EA. As stated above, a postponement is not a decision. And we are in state. Out of 11 schools, U of M is the only one where we have zero idea wth is going on. And by the time we hear, what was her first choice may be like an ex that you love but don’t trust lol. IMO, the best way to resolve this is ED instead of EA.

2 Likes

Knowing how big they make their waitlist I feel like it may only get worse for many :grimacing::grimacing:.

Not if a student recognizes (and they should) that a waitlist from UMich = rejection

3 Likes

I think for some that may be the case, I think for my daughter, she is using April 1st as her end date. If she does not hear by then I think she moves ahead with school number 2.

If she has notification of “wait list” that will be the equivalent of a denial for her. She was one of the many that were postponed for EA

4 Likes

4/15? Oh, my God! That is so late in the process!

2 Likes

To be clear, we will hear by April 1 at the latest per Postponement letter.